JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got off the phone with the online customer service number.
The lady on the other end was nice and helpful. Said that there was a "limited stock" and that they sold out. Apparently the online "In Stock/Out of Stock" indication is not accurate.
The reason the order was cancelled is that the particular scope was discontinued. After a little talking, and looking at the online stock, they show the same scope with a Duplex reticle (vs. the wide duplex of the previously on sale scope) in stock. I requested to get the Duplex version at the same cost, $199.99.
She opened a case for me, and said someone would be contacting me within 24-48 hours.
I would suggest giving them a call. I was nice throughout the conversation but made it clear that I was dissatisfied. Good luck!
I'll report the outcome here as well.

I had actually spoke with CS before I posted my reply. I spoke with 2 females the first one was quite pleasant but ended up transferring me to someone to review the problem who actually found the discrepancy of the item that we ordered and the one that still shows to be instock. So like you I said that's fine I'll take that one instead but was not willing or able to match the price. She was not rude but not very pleasant either and certainly not willing to budge what so ever. I even asked if there was "anything" she could do to help me out, her reply was sorry no there isn't.

After I read your post I called them back and get another female. I mention that I had spoke with CS earlier. She reviews my order and too notices the discrepancy of the items so I tell her I'd be willing to take the one item in place for the other (which she is more than willing to sell me at regular price $299) but puts me on hold to talk to her manager about the price match. She come back and tells me she can't...yada yada yada. At this point she is borderline rude but I am totally keeping my cool. I too ask her if there might be anything she could do to help out the situation, and she offers the $5 flat shipping if I were to buy the instock scope for $299. I then ask if I could just open a case to have it be reviewed by someone else. She states that it isn't necessary since she already discussed it with her manager and she would be the one reviewing the case anyway. At this point I ask to speak with her manager and all I got was more of the same. I will say that the managers demeanor was pleasant and professional but was quite steadfast on not budging. Frustrated (but still keeping my cool) at point I ask if she could do something with the price like giving me employee pricing and she did offer to take $20 off. I kindly denied that offer.

So if you are able to get them to match that price more power to you. I feel I did all I could. I'll just have to wait till the next good deal. None the less keep us posted.

Well that's not a good sign... Bummed about this. Usually Cabelas is one to make things right. Offering $5 shipping on a full price item instead? She must think the giant banner at the top of the cabelas.com site saying "Flat $5 shipping on orders above $99" is a big secret :rolleyes:

Well that's not a good sign... Bummed about this. Usually Cabelas is one to make things right. Offering $5 shipping on a full price item instead? She must think the giant banner at the top of the cabelas.com site saying "Flat $5 shipping on orders above $99" is a big secret :rolleyes:
Any update???

Funny thing we both got emails stating that our order status had changed to backordered but I've never rceived an email stating that my ordered had been cancelled.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top