JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My apology if this is was posted in the wrong place. Considering the topic, where to put it?

Lets talk about Multi-Tools. I've got an original Leatherman. About 20-25yrs old. Never had an issue. Quality stuff. Another I have, is keychain size. Made by Swiss-Tech. A 6-in-1. Lately I've thought about getting a Leatherman Tread. Not just for the multiple tools, I need a watch band for my divers watch. Anyone have the Leatherman Tread as a watch band?

Another I thought about, the Leatherman MUT. Just how "useful" are they to the AR/M16 platforms?

Last Edited:
I Had the chance to pick one up for $139 and passed on it due to other essentials. Wished I'd have bought it. I think they average $180 now!!

I have a MUT, It is a fine thing but it stays in a range bag and is really pointless because I have "real" tools that do all the things it does. I bought it thinking I would carry it in place of the Leatherman Wave I carry daily (I carry it in my pocket with a clip which the MUT has) but the MUT is a massive thing in comparison to the Wave and has fewer tools. I like the MUT, but it has not been a useful addition to my multi tool collection if I am honest.

I have one of the Gerber short stack AR multi tools stuffed in the grip of my truck gun. It is not a replacement for real tools but its also a far cry better than nothing. That and the Wave I carry anyway is probably better than the MUT for field use.

No experience with the Tread. I have a Rebar, a Charge-Ti, A couple of Skeletool's. The Wave is the one works best for me. I wish it had replaceable inserts for the wire cutters like some of the others do and a better quality steel for the knife blade but those are really my only beefs.

I have a couple leathermans, a super tool, and a cheaper $30 leatherman. I've used there warranty before and to be able to walk into a leatherman store and hand them a broken tool and they hand you a brand new one no questions asked is a beautiful thing.

So for discussion purposes

Wave on top, Charge, Rebar and MUT in bottom

I really like the little Rebar other than you have to open it to get at a knife blade.

The Charge has a better knife blade than the Wave which is why I bought it but because of the cast side plates it is thicker than the Wave and less convenient to carry. I have thought that someday I might try swapping the parts I like on the Charge into a Wave frame.

You can see how much bigger the MUT is than everything else. If you are pouch carrying probably not a big deal but I carry mine clipped to the top of my pocket. In the same pocket I carry a flashlight and a Fisher space pen so I am getting in that pocket frequently. The MUT is just too much.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top