JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reminds me of a time when I was a teenager walking home from the state fair. My buddies and I were on one side of the road and came along a man and woman on the other. He was slapping her around BIG TIME. When she would fall to the ground, he would kick her and drag her by her hair. She was basically screaming bloody murder.

I said bubblegum this and grabbed a piece of steel rebar and started making my way across the street. With my boys on my tail, we said hey motherbubblegumer, why don't you pick on someone your own size. He swung at me and I pushed him over.

Low and behold, the lady started going apebubblegum on us and screaming, leave him alone bubblegums! We walked away promptly thinking, stupid lady gets what she deserves. She probably got it pretty good that night and my conscious thinks about that situation often.

Sometimes it's best to mind your own business.

I'm all for helping out people but where I live, too many degenerate people who are stupid as all heck.... too many anti-gun morons and librards, so I am not taking a chance by gambling with what little I have in life to protect someone who should have been smart enough to carry a tool or two to defend him or herself.

Yes I would do something (as long as my safety isn't on the line) if I saw a mother and her kids about to get slaughtered, or if there was an active shooter/terrorist attack.

I have been burned too many times doing the right thing. People are responsible for their own safety. I understand not every citizen is able to or afford to carry a gun, but I guess you are Sh!t out of luck and have a higher chance of being a victim..... 911 is free.

I don't mean to sound like an A-hole and you can judge me if you have to, if it's not people that I care abut, I don't and WILL NOT engage. I will be more than happy to call 911. This state is too liberal and stupid for me to take a chance. With my luck it would be some anti-bun liberal victim and I'll get burned.... no thanks.

I work in a gun free zone, a lot of people I work with are anti-gun and think only the police and military should have guns. Do you really think I would put my behind on the line to protect them? heck if anything, I would use them as human shields to protect myself and fight back..... yeah it sounds cold but that's how it is, I seen too much to think happy thoughts and run under rainbows as skittles rain down.... give me a break.

There is more I can say but I don't want to type up a novel.

I love it! Excellent point about not protecting those that don't want to protect themselves, outside of the two situations you listed.

Sometimes you make the bed and have to lay in it. I always get a kick out of those anti-gunners that call for someone with a gun when bubblegum gets real. I've seen incredibly dumb things done by trained military and police, so no I don't agree they should be the only one that haves them.

As an absurdity, maybe we can start saying only Bill Gates should have computers.

The best reply/comment of all was from Barry Graham- but he got pretty beat up for it from the "fickle public"...much like stepping into quicksand of a domestic dispute. Another reply from Gary -" introducing deadly force to a non-deadly situation is a very risky thing to do"- is exactly right.

My dad was an active reserve cop in Corona, DPRK (during the 60s) and he said the kind of call that scared them the most was a family beef. The cops would get a DV call and arrive to see a guy slapping a woman around or slamming her into the wall. They would then prevail upon the poltroon to lay off, sometimes requiring that he be forcibly subdued. Then the woman would jump on the cop's back screaming "Leave my man alone!" Go figure.
Cops at least have "qualified" immunity while we the peons don't. Not only would I not get a gun involved, I would avoid ANY kind of involvement if I could.

This is the concern for every LEO across the country.
It's at the point your wrong trying to do the right thing. Better to let someone kill someone else and then intervene.

Call the cops, gice them info, and get you and yours out of danger.

We are a mind your own business society. No more neighbors, no more friends, no more looking out for others.

Because the suspect is always the victim, and the defender is always the aggressor.

Our justice system and govts are so far forked we aren't allowed to believe in right and wrong or good and evil anymore.

As long as we all have a safe space in which to retreat to. You know, to contemplate and theorize why we should all just get along merrily.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top