JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Dark humor here!

"See this it's a camera, see this it's a high capacity.45 auto!"

I've actually been thinking of the utility of a personal camera since the the police started using them widely! It seems the most practical type of camera recording system. More so than a dash cam, but I suppose we'll end up needing both!

How sad and pathetic that it has come down to this. No person should ever have to worry about what could happen after protecting there loved ones.

It's sad as HE!! that the excrement of today's world have all the rights.:mad:o_O
This is a result of decades of handing power and authority to the legislatures and governments. In order to make you a subject, first they must make you dependent. That means no rights... Period...

We are well on our way to a totalitarian government state... God help our children, lest we take the necessary corrective actions... And that just ain't gonna be purdy...

This is a result of decades of handing power and authority to the legislatures and governments. In order to make you a subject, first they must make you dependent. That means no rights... Period...

We are well on our way to a totalitarian government state... God help our children, lest we take the necessary corrective actions... And that just ain't gonna be purdy...

For some reason after reading your post the movie Brave Heart came to mind :confused:

FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!:D

I have been using a body cam for about a decade. I wear it when we walk the dogs. Also when we hike. First one came when soon after I got one dog. Got into it with some clown when his dog tried to make a meal of mine. He took GREAT offence to me telling him since he thought it was funny I would just take care of it next time. All of a sudden it was not funny to him. When I got home Wife was waiting. Said Police and animal control had both been to house. I told her I already dealt with PD, would call Animal control back to press charges. She ordered me the first camera that day. They have been EXTREMELY helpful. Have lost track of the times I have had "words" with some jerk who's dog came after me. When it starts I point to my shirt and say, see this? It's a camera. All this is being video recorded. WHOLE thing suddenly changes.

Link to the body cam?

Link to the body cam?
The last 2 we bought are Muvi brand. They don't make the same one any more that I can see. Amazon still has a bunch of different ones made by the same company. The 2 we have are so old I'm kind of surprised the batteries are still holding up. They were the forerunner to the GoPro's. The ones we bought came with a 4G card which of course is about worthless in 1080P. So we of course bought 32G cards for them. These can run off external power so with a back up battery there is no time limit. If you look at places like Amazon under body cam you see they sell a load of different kinds now. The two we are using for walking the dogs now started out as dash cams for the cars. Later bought others made for the cars since these had the clips to put them on a shirt. The first one she bought me which I still have here is about half the size of a pack of gum.
Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro digital. They claim these will get 2-3 hours of film. Mine got 1-1.5 on a charge. They probably have gotten better. Even that one was surprising at what it would do. Not as big a field of view of course but shocking good sound. first time I tried the small one it was summer. As I was walking I could hear some people in one house yelling about a game on TV with the door open. When I got home to see how it looked I could hear what they were saying on the recording and I was walking on the other side of the street from them. The voice recording is just as if not more important. In the cases where I have come close with some confrontation that is the most important part. That way after LEO's get involved there is no "well he said, so I said" It's all there on tape.

The last 2 we bought are Muvi brand. ... If you look at places like Amazon under body cam you see they sell a load of different kinds now. The two we are using for walking the dogs now started out as dash cams for the cars. Later bought others made for the cars since these had the clips to put them on a shirt. The first one she bought me which I still have here is about half the size of a pack of gum.
Veho VCC-003-MUVI-BLK MUVI Micro digital. ... The voice recording is just as if not more important. In the cases where I have come close with some confrontation that is the most important part. That way after LEO's get involved there is no "well he said, so I said" It's all there on tape.

Thanks for the info, going to be adding to my monthly Amazon Smile order. I know I should have bought stock in Amazon back when it was $80 in 2009.

Thanks for the info, going to be adding to my monthly Amazon Smile order. I know I should have bought stock in Amazon back when it was $80 in 2009.
Man you and me both!! I remember when even after they had been in business for a decade they were still showing a loss every year. Yet the stock kept going up. I could not understand how they stayed in business. Turns out the guy knew what he was doing after all. It has long been my go to place for almost everything now days.

One night my brother, his friend, and I were leaving a pizza place.

A man was slapping the crap out of his girlfriend. So my brother, who was a great big guy. Proceeded to punch the guy in the face.
The guy was out cold on the ground. With my brother standing over him.

Meanwhile the guys girlfriend had picked up a clay pot full of dirt and flowers. And with my brothers back turned to her. Proceeded to smash it over his Head!

It was all we could do to keep him from picking up where the boyfriend had left off. :D

So what did I learn?
Be careful if you step between lovers, or even family members fighting.
Because more likely than not. You'll find yourself fighting them both. o_O

This is exactly why most law enforcement call domestic violence calls one of the most dangerous to respond to!

1) Do a search for "The Dangers of Intervention." After reading it pause to reflect.
2) Mind your own business.
3) I carry a piece to protect my own life and the lives of people I love a lot. Everybody else can call the cops or get their own gun.
4) I don't even want to be a "good witness." In fact I don't want to get involved at all. If this makes me selfish, OK. There are rare exceptions.
5) Brings to mind the recent incident of the cretin annoying the 2 young women on a public transit conveyance. Good Samaritans tell The Cretin to knock it off - The Cretin stabs them all, killing 2 out of 3. When Cretin starts with the stabbing it's probably time to draw and fire because at this point my own life and that of my wife are in danger. Prior to that nothing that's happening justifies exposing myself to physical &/or legal jeopardy.
6) Don't ride the bus. That's what cars and motorsickles (sic) are for. :D

I once did intervene successfully to stop an attempted rape. But that was clearly an attack by a stranger on a young woman.

In this domestic-violence situation I would simply record the license plate and drive away out of the area as quickly as possible. If I had the means to place a 911 call ANONYMOUSLY, I would pull over as soon as out of sight of the altercation and phone in the location of problem, car description and license. Then hang up, ignoring any questions or efforts to keep me on the phone. And I would dump the burner phone and continue getting out of the area. I would not put myself at risk of life or limb or the inconvenience caused by requirements to make statements or testify in court. Or the worry about revenge if I did. If I couldn't make the call anonymously, I wouldn't make it at all. I would just get out of there. Sometimes the best you can do is get out of the way so nobody mistakes you for part of the problem.

These domestic violence situations are complex and treacherous even for LEOs. I've known a number of physically powerful men who tried to intervene in a number of such situations, and in no case did the woman file charges. In most cases the woman either attacked them physically at the time, or supported their attacker in court, that is, said their would-be rescuer was the attacker. The odds of a private citizen intervening usefully in such situations are very small, I think. And the odds of it costing them a whole lot are very high.

I tend to come down on the side of believing that we are all each others' keepers in many ways and up to a certain point. That is what makes us a civilized society. But not in all ways and to an infinite point. An assessment of the risks and likelihood of success makes sense. And it is perfectly reasonable to be willing to take more risks for friends, loved ones, and family than for strangers.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads