JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone on the forum purchased a Glock from a local Seattle area gun dealer using the FFDO/Airline Pilot/LEO/First Responder discount program? I am preparing to use it. Just curious of any dealings you may have had locally to the Seattle area.

I have heard of some gun shops giving the similar discount, but not a true LEO/FFDO deal (ie: no extra magazine, non LEO version, etc.)

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

-G

I personally have not, but am about to as well. A co-worker of mine has though - I'm making the purchase due to his experience. He paid $250 for a Glock 23, and from what I understand you get any model for that price. If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll ask him.

I know you asked for the Seattle area, all I can tell how it is in Oregon.

Oregon it is pretty simple. Just show our dept. ID, they make the phone call and ring you up at the same time. Then out the door you go.

Glock's LEO program in Oregon is: 398. for standard sights.

Not sure how Washington does it, but pretty easy here.

Stay Safe.

I know that Kesselring's gun shop in Burlington is a Blue light dealer. They are a bit north of seattle though.... If it is worth the drive to you just give them a call and ask about blue light sales and you will be transfered to the lady that deals with that before you head up... I cannot remember her name at the moment but she has been very helpful in the past.

Michelle or Gary at Kesselring's. I've bought a few up there and I recommend them.

The only other LE Glock dealer on the west side of the state is Seattle Police Range. They may have some restrictions on who they sell to though as he business is run by the guild. Give them a call and ask.

It's not a state program. It's a Glock program. And the price went up from $398 to $425. The dealer has to send a copy of your ID/credential or if a fed, your business card to the distributor who sends it to Glock.
The program is open to current and retired full time and reserve law enforcement.
Current and retired military (including Reserves and National Guard)
Commercial air line pilots (no need to be a FDO)
ALL TSA employees
state licensed security guards (don't even have to be an armed guard)
corrections officers
district attorneys
EMTs and paramedics
firefighters (paid and volunteer, but you need your actual department ID, your union card isn't quite enough, your IT guy can join the union so that card isn't enough)
circuit court judges

There might be one or two more but I don't have the sheet in front of me.

In Seattle there is the Seattle Police Athletics League,
In Lakewood there is Surplus Ammo and Arms,
and in the Lacey/Olympia there is Cascade Arms (where Larry's Guns used to be.)

Unicorn,
When did the price go up? I just bought another one a couple weeks ago and paid the $398 price. Was it a 1st of the year price hike?
Good information and post.
Thank you.

Stay Safe.

Thanks for all the great info gang. This at least gives me some direction and insight. I am an airline pilot, just not an FFDO. I would love to pick up a new Glock for $329, but I dont think that will be the case. Any discount is a good discount in my book though :s0155:. I will let you know how it goes when I purchase my new Glock in the coming month.

-G

Just got the New 2011 price sheet for the LEO discount.

The price is still 398.20 for standard sites. 422.00 for ported barrel.

Again, this is ONLY for the LEO discount.

Stay Safe.

Thanks for all the great feedback gang. Called Glock and they told me that Kesserling Guns in Bremerton, Seattle Police Athletic Guild in Seattle, and Bullseye Guns in Tacoma were the closest gun stores to me in Tukwila that honored the Airline Pilot/TSA/LEO deal. Called Bullseye and sales lady told me that 3rd Gen Glock 26 blue label was $435.

Going to call the other ones shortly and see what thier prices are. Hopefully this Wednesday, I will have a new 4th Gen Glock 26 in hand. Thanks again to everyone.

- G

It's not a state program. It's a Glock program. And the price went up from $398 to $425. The dealer has to send a copy of your ID/credential or if a fed, your business card to the distributor who sends it to Glock.
state licensed security guards (don't even have to be an armed guard)

There might be one or two more but I don't have the sheet in front of me.

In Seattle there is the Seattle Police Athletics League,
In Lakewood there is Surplus Ammo and Arms,
and in the Lacey/Olympia there is Cascade Arms (where Larry's Guns used to be.)
Hmm... to bad unlicensed security isn't counted!!

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Unlicensed security is illegal in the state of Washington and in Oregon. There are ways "around" this, but technical you're not supposed to be titled "Security".

I just looked it up and we fall under exemption (1) listed on RCW 18.170.020. As such the title "Security" is correct.

80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
South West Washington Arms Collector member

Greyhavens49420 and others, thanks for your replies and the pricing sheet. I have called all the local dealers that are a part of this program and the price from the pricing sheet are correct. Only problem is I can't find any of these dealers that actually have the Gen4 Glock 26 in stock. They seem to be very slow in arriving from Glock. May have to see if any of the Vancouver gun dealers participate in this program and get one from them if possible. Have to drive to Portland next week anyway and that might work.

Anybody know of any Vancouver WA dealers that participate in this program. If so let me know, I would appreciate it.

-G

*** Update ***

I finally found the Gen 4 Glock 26 I was looking for. Called Glock again today and they gave me some secondary Glock LEO dealers. Price was about 10% more than Glock price sheet but still a great deal. Got a Gen 4 Glock 26 LEO package with GNS for $494 (compared to $455 from Glock LEO direct price sheet. I also have one on order (with standard sights) from a dealer in Tacoma but it has been 30 days since I made my deposit and they still have not received any.

Dealt with Marksman Firearms in Puyallup. They were really great to work with. Good selection and very helpful sales people. Now if I can just find a Ruger LC9 at a descent price I'm good to go. Have one of those on order too but they appear to be harder to get then ice water in Death Valley. Cabalas' has them but they want $400 for them. Not going to happen!

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

- G

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top