JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I notice that Lena had her left index and middle resting on the front of the trigger guard. I wonder if this holds recoil better. Unfortunately, there's no way to know with dry fire.

What do you think?

ksnip_20200913-133917.png

I've been trying to shoot fast but I just suck at it really bad. Shooting slow, well anyone can do that accurately so what's the fun in that. I gotta try her grip next time I'm at the range.

I've seen several instructors try to have a student unlearn one thing or another. I think there are some fundamentals you can't break too far from in order to shoot effectively. So, if a person is shooting well but it looks funny or different, I leave them alone until it actually results in an issue. If she shoots well, try it out and see if it works for you.

Its good that round 1 goes where you want it. That's a good start. The trick is combining a good grip that works for you and developing the follow-through to get back to your round 1 position. Some gun/cartridge combos will make that more difficult. I think how a gun "feels" at first has importance to how your body can control it when you run the gun.

I don't think I have ever seen the two finger hold but I have long used one there. As mentioned a lot of guns have the front squared off and or serrated for this now.
For the one mentioning rapid fire have you tied it with something lighter like a .22? Everyone of course is different but what works for me when doing rapid or double taps is forget rear sight and only think of front. I have helped many who had this problem by first getting them on paper with a .22 doing it this way, then having them go back to the larger and all of a sudden they are seeing improvement. One BIG problem is often the range. MANY of them will not allow this practice since they are scared of the results of someone sending lead all over.

Does the gun feel like it squirms out of your grip, or does it feel relatively solid? Are you having to re-grip a lot?

I have 3M no-slip tape on my gun and I have a firm grip. Just the reset and follow up shots is what I need to work on. I was hoping this grip from Lena might just be the answer. In a way, Lena is holding it like a shotgun or AR by using both fingers on the trigger guard and having the left hand so far up and away from the right hand.

Regardless of the situations I have been in, I never miss the goods. Get into a scrap with a guy and once the guy is in the car, look at my
partner and ask, "did you see the redhead that walked by?"
At work I put a large box of the miniature candy bars in the office when I come in. Last night as I am coming back I see a couple of the VERY nice looking ladies just leaving office with candy in hand. I walk in and the shift going off guys are of course staring and smiling. I just said, "you're welcome, it's my good deed to attract all these nice looking ladies for you to see before you go home" :s0140:

Last Edited:
I have 3M no-slip tape on my gun and I have a firm grip. Just the reset and follow up shots is what I need to work on. I was hoping this grip from Lena might just be the answer. In a way, Lena is holding it like a shotgun or AR by using both fingers on the trigger guard and having the left hand so far up and away from the right hand.

One thing I do is start relatively close, 3-5 yards. Put a 1 1/2 dot in the center of the silhouette. I almost always use a silhouette target because its big enough to catch the farthest thrown shots. Assuming front sight focus, good grip, etc, deliberately take out any slack in the trigger until it reaches the wall and fire 1 shot while keeping the trigger pinned to the rear and allowing the gun to recoil and return to target. Then, slowly and deliberately release the trigger while maintaining control of it with constant contact. Once it resets, don't release the trigger any further and fire the next shot.

This may not be fast. Slow is actually desirable. You should be shooting tight groups. Repeat it over and over and the follow-through and reset will become familiar to you. Slowly pick up the speed as your brain requires less "thinking" to return the gun to target and the trigger to its reset point (and no further).

The faster you go, the more the group will open up. As you get to the point at 3-5 yards where your groups expand to more than a few inches, slow down a little to regain control.

This may seem boring, but each rep will program you to get your gun back to the start. Its almost like learning to throw a baseball. As you get a real feel for the ball and the laces, you can guide the ball to its target without thinking or error.

At work I put a large box of the miniature candy bars in the office when I come in. Last night as I am coming back I see a couple of the VERY nice looking ladies just leaving office with candy in hand. I walk in and the shift going off guys are of course staring and smiling. I just said, "you're welcome, it's my good deed to attract all these nice looking ladies for you to see before you go home" :s0140:

Boobies love candy.... maybe I should get some duct tape and a cargo van with no windows, and disabled interior door latches. :s0153:

Not really. :D

I've been trying to shoot fast but I just suck at it really bad. Shooting slow, well anyone can do that accurately so what's the fun in that. I gotta try her grip next time I'm at the range.
Stop trying to shoot fast and just focus on shooting right. The speed will come with practice as you build muscle memory through repetition.

"Fast is fine, but Accurate is FINAL" and "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast. You need to learn to shoot slow but do it in a hurry."
--both, Wyatt Earp

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR