JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
if the test is positive there is a specific reason it is and not because you ate too many poppy seed muffins

This very thing happened to a legelman (LN) at Bangor Sub Base. Luckily he was able demostrate ,he ate 2 large muffuns in front of the admira proveto the the admiral that the muffins caused a false positive or he would have been in deep doo-doo.

This very thing happened to a legelman (LN) at Bangor Sub Base. Luckily he was able demostrate ,he ate 2 large muffuns in front of the admira proveto the the admiral that the muffins caused a false positive or he would have been in deep doo-doo.

You do know that comes up as a positive for Opium right? Has nothing to do with POT.

Second hand cigarette smoke causes cancer but second hand pot smoke has no affect,... ya... right.

Are you going to be in second hand pot smoke for 8 hours a day for 20 years? Which is where the second hand smoke thing comes from. The Wifes a Smoker and the Husband isn't the Waitress working the Bar for 20 years etc.

Not 5 min of a little pot smoke every couple months.

Well, doesn't sound like anyone else who has responded works with the fitness for duty or safe workplace laws. They do teach in both initial acces training and recurrent training that contact with pot smoke can cause a positive test. Maybe I am being paranoid but Im only going what is taught at classes around the country.

They also taught that Pot would make people violent and wild, Then 20 years later they taught it would make you apathetic and no willing to fight for the American way, Then 15 years after that they taught it would lead you to hard drugs and you'd have flashbacks that would ruin your life (still waiting for those)

In reality it gets you a little high (everyones experiance varies just like with booze) it lasts a little while then it drifts off. NO ONE smokes as much pot as people do ciggs. In 40 years of being around it I still haven't seen anyone smoke a joint and try to start a fight or beat up a bar full of bikers. I have how ever seen that type of behavior with booze.

Yes the markers if at a high enough level in your blood can be detected as much as 30 days later. But then you can also drink a couple cups of coffee and take some B1 and flush the indicators out of your pee from the couple bowls full you smoked a few days back and Pass at least a federal CDL level test.

2/3 the crap people who don't smoke pot say about pot is pure bullbubblegum. Be like me telling you all about how giving birth is cause I watched the wife do it once and saw a movie in High school.

I strongly suggest if your going to be up in Washington you don't hang out in someones house that smokes a LOT of pot right in your face cause kicking someones *** for it is most likely going to get your CHL revoked and you in trouble.

Being allergic to weed, if you light up on my property without asking I will put you out with a fire extinguisher. Personally I could care less if people choose to smoke on occasion provided they don't drive under the influence or steel stuff to pay for it because they get too lazy to work.
IIRC various over the counter pain meds like ibuprofen and other NSAIDs could cause you to test positive for THC on the earlier and cheaper tests. In the case that you tested positive while employed they would usually do the more expensive/accurate testing before taking action. In the case of applying for work most would just say sorry you tested positive and move on.

From pot smokers: Pot doesn't hurt anyone, just ask the pot smokers.

From liberals: Big government is good for everyone, just ask a liberal.

From gun haters: Guns are evil, just ask a gun hater.

From politicians: We always tell the truth, just ask us.

From homosexuals: It's a natural thing, just ask us.

From child molesters: It's good for the children, just ask us.

yeah id be more worried about second hand drunk, when some stupid person hammered talks 2" from your face with the fumes going in full effect, but id seriously not worry about it... drug test im sure arent as simple as yes or no, and if its legal now, then im sure a .0000001% (or how ever they measure it) would be known as that.. just dont eat any 10$ brownies from a chick in a leather vest and missing shoes (ive seen this where out there girls are saying "green brownies 10$" thinking really do you like to be ticketed/arrested)

This thread is bringing out all the "Killer Weed" stuff since the 1930s! Are you not embarrassed that Marijuana is in the class of Heroin and Cocaine?? Why? Because it was used by poor Mexican immigrants in the beginning.

I like how Trailboss totally ignored the post pointing out how his wife smokes pot.

LOL Do you send her outside like a dog when she needs her medicine? Or are you just mad that the liberal, hippy, pinko, commie, gay agenda loving, stoner treehuggers won?

I hope someone with as much of a chip on their shoulder as you harasses your wife when they smell her medicine in public. (But not really, because I'm not a prick so I would never want your wife to be harassed for a stupid reason by some bitter jerk, because I can recognize that she's a human being with feelings and a life of her own that is just as important as mine)

So I had a conversation with a co-worker about this yesterday and a few interesting things came up.

1. Washington is a non-public-smoking state. Meaning you can't smoke cigarettes in a public area around people already, so pot will fall under the same regulation.

2. Smoking joints or bongs or whatever will not be the primary method for using this product. Retailers will make popsickles, brownies, energy shots, hell even those little paper things you disolve on your tongue. It will still be only available to those over 21+ like alcohol, but people won't need to smoke it...

I think this whole thing is a moot point.

The people who work in occupations where a security clearance is necessary are not your enemy. They don't have anything to do with making the laws under which they work concerning fitness for duty or safe workplace. Many also feel that it's no big deal to smoke a little pot and it's not governments place to tell them what they can do in their own homes. They don't make the laws that classify marijuana the same as heroin. But they do work under regulations that are absolutes when it comes to drugs that the federal government considers illegal. There is the possibility of some leeway and the possibility of a rehab program for a first positive test but it's typically a career ender.

Frankly, you should be thankful that these people go through rigorous security measures and that these are accepted by them. Some would think it's funny if an air traffic controller, pilot, LEO, nuclear plant operator, Amtrack engineer or bio lab technician were a little stoned or buzzed when at work. But they're not. They're professionals and don't deserve the vitriolic comments about being homophobes, reefer madness idiots, or treating sick family members like dogs.

Contact with marijuana smoke can absolutely cause a positive test. Get over yourselves allready. Nobody is inferring that you don't have a right to smoke pot if you want. You just can't expect to be around others and expect them to tollerate being around it. Not everyone is subject to the same rules and I believe you should be thankful.

Mods - please close this thread. I'm really sorry I stepped into this cesspool.

The people who work in occupations where a security clearance is necessary are not your enemy. They don't have anything to do with making the laws under which they work concerning fitness for duty or safe workplace. Many also feel that it's no big deal to smoke a little pot and it's not governments place to tell them what they can do in their own homes. They don't make the laws that classify marijuana the same as heroin. But they do work under regulations that are absolutes when it comes to drugs that the federal government considers illegal. There is the possibility of some leeway and the possibility of a rehab program for a first positive test but it's typically a career ender.

Frankly, you should be thankful that these people go through rigorous security measures and that these are accepted by them. Some would think it's funny if an air traffic controller, pilot, LEO, nuclear plant operator, Amtrack engineer or bio lab technician were a little stoned or buzzed when at work. But they're not. They're professionals and don't deserve the vitriolic comments about being homophobes, reefer madness idiots, or treating sick family members like dogs.

Contact with marijuana smoke can absolutely cause a positive test. Get over yourselves allready. Nobody is inferring that you don't have a right to smoke pot if you want. You just can't expect to be around others and expect them to tollerate being around it. Not everyone is subject to the same rules and I believe you should be thankful.

Mods - please close this thread. I'm really sorry I stepped into this cesspool.

That is a blatent lie.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads