JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to find out if it's legal to put a Vertical Foregrip (VFG) on a Shockwave? Internet search mostly indicates yes (it's NOT a pistol and those are the firearms prohibited from a VFG), but some say NO for a variety of reasons (mostly the uncertainty/confusion on how the Shockwave is classified). Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Yes.

By definition, the Shockwave/et. al. is not a handgun. AFAIK, handguns are the only firearm on which a VFG is prohibited (i.e., it becomes an AOW) without a tax stamp.

If I'm not sure, I tend to err on the side of caution an just not do the thing I'm unsure of. Maybe buy some time with a firearms lawyer? Probably the guy you'd want defending you if need be?

I am not concerned about the legality of a VFG on my shockwave. I am curious if anyone who has put one on has noticed any advantages or disadvantages over the factory forearm. Seems like it would tame the beast a little and could also add a light with a picatinny rail. I don't want to bite the bullet until getting some opinions.

I was about to post the same question and found that it was already asked. If I pick up a Shockwave, I do not trust that little nylon strap to keep my hand from flying out infront of the barrel. I would want a serious vertical hand stop at the end or the ability to attach a not quite vertical foregrip like this

1679773185103.png

Yes - legal, not a pistol so this does not make it an AOW

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews