JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to find out if it's legal to put a Vertical Foregrip (VFG) on a Shockwave? Internet search mostly indicates yes (it's NOT a pistol and those are the firearms prohibited from a VFG), but some say NO for a variety of reasons (mostly the uncertainty/confusion on how the Shockwave is classified). Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Yes.

By definition, the Shockwave/et. al. is not a handgun. AFAIK, handguns are the only firearm on which a VFG is prohibited (i.e., it becomes an AOW) without a tax stamp.

If I'm not sure, I tend to err on the side of caution an just not do the thing I'm unsure of. Maybe buy some time with a firearms lawyer? Probably the guy you'd want defending you if need be?

I am not concerned about the legality of a VFG on my shockwave. I am curious if anyone who has put one on has noticed any advantages or disadvantages over the factory forearm. Seems like it would tame the beast a little and could also add a light with a picatinny rail. I don't want to bite the bullet until getting some opinions.

I was about to post the same question and found that it was already asked. If I pick up a Shockwave, I do not trust that little nylon strap to keep my hand from flying out infront of the barrel. I would want a serious vertical hand stop at the end or the ability to attach a not quite vertical foregrip like this

1679773185103.png

Yes - legal, not a pistol so this does not make it an AOW

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top