Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Legal Shooting Areas

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Jacob Wilson, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Jacob Wilson

Jacob Wilson Oregon City, OR New Member

Im looking for a new legal shooting area since the Rock pits near Memaloose is now closed since the fire pits last I check. Are there any good maps that show rock pits that are still open? Last one I saw for the Mt. Hood NF was from Feb. 2014 and not very detailed as to where the pits were exactly. Looking for any good areas between Oregon City and Sandy.

2. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Somehow rock pits and bullets never made much sense to me. I don't know if it was from seeing a friend lose his earlobe while shooting a 22 in a rock pit when I was 10, or from years bent over a snooker table. I get ricochet!

wired and JRH Oregon like this.
  3. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

Having shot myself in the leg with a .22 a while back I'm not a huge fan of rock pits myself. Pulled the bullet out with needle nose pliers and stitched myself up with fishing line. Good times.

4. Jacob Wilson

Jacob Wilson Oregon City, OR New Member

Thank you for your replies, although neither was helpful at all as I know the risks involved and am not asking about ur experiences.

5. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Beg ur pardon. :s0030:

6. Gun Mechanic

Gun Mechanic Portland Active Member