Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Legal Rights

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RicInOR, Jan 23, 2014.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This is also apart of the war on men, but that is not why I post it here.

A Contract between adults, set aside, because a judge said so.

Of course money is involved.

Judge rules that Kansan who provided sperm to lesbian couple owes child support - KansasCity.com

This could be a sticking point. I am sure the intent of the law to not allow unlicensed practitioners from ripping off desperate couples:
    One partner leaves or is told to leave and the other goes on welfare - because everyone should get money from the government (that is us; those who pay taxes) So, does the other partner have to pay child support?

2. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

I feel zero sympathy for the guy. Call me a bigot if you want but there is no way on Earth I would want the product of my sperm being raised in a deviant environment.
    He wanted to be a progressive and break the mold, now he can break out his wallet.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

To be honest its bullcrap. These people want the same rights as heterosexual marriages, so that's the way it should be. While the donor is an idiot, I do not think he should pay child support. Should be between the so called couple who wanted the child. You want the same rights, you also get the same responsibility's

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Why does it involve the justice department when actual common sense should prevail??? Our world as we once knew and admired is in the trash basket folks.
    Skekies are running rampant!!!

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

That is why a contract like this should be 100% anonymous. Using only a number to identify the donor. That way it is much more difficult to track down the person for someone else's in ability to remain married.

6. Audrey

Audrey Willamette Valley Active Member

I think the judge is stuck with a law that states one thing (the father is responsible) and a social reality that states another (the parents precludes the biological father). I am for gay and reproduction rights, but this sort of behavior is terrible. You see it happen with women who essentially trap men with babies in the hetero world too. Babies are not pawns. :\

7. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

When they sell it for satanic sacrifice will he get half? kidding

8. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

As I mentioned, I think this is a part of the war on men.
    There are plenty of guys who got fingered as a father and have to pay child support, even after DNA testing proves the child isn't theirs.

Some states, Washington I am looking at you, state the husband is the father, and his name goes on the birth certificate, even when all parties know and agree that he is not. Not uncommon during separations and after divorce proceedings have started.

A woman can get an abortion, or she can have the child and force some guy to pay child support for 18 - 25 years. (probably longer now)
    What can a guy do? How does he sever parental responsibility? The girl may agree, but involve the state and see what happens, like in this case, he has to pay and pay and ....

With DNA testing, I expect to see more cases where insemination from a service results in men being held to pay for child support, when the woman goes on government assistance.