JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is also apart of the war on men, but that is not why I post it here.

A Contract between adults, set aside, because a judge said so.

Of course money is involved.

Judge rules that Kansan who provided sperm to lesbian couple owes child support - KansasCity.com

This could be a sticking point. I am sure the intent of the law to not allow unlicensed practitioners from ripping off desperate couples:
"Attorneys for the state contended the contract was moot because the parties didn’t follow a 1994 Kansas law requiring a licensed physician to perform the artificial insemination when donors were involved." ...
"Swinnen also argued that the Kansas statute doesn’t specifically require the artificial insemination to be carried out by a physician."

One partner leaves or is told to leave and the other goes on welfare - because everyone should get money from the government (that is us; those who pay taxes) So, does the other partner have to pay child support?

To be honest its bullcrap. These people want the same rights as heterosexual marriages, so that's the way it should be. While the donor is an idiot, I do not think he should pay child support. Should be between the so called couple who wanted the child. You want the same rights, you also get the same responsibility's

That is why a contract like this should be 100% anonymous. Using only a number to identify the donor. That way it is much more difficult to track down the person for someone else's in ability to remain married.

I think the judge is stuck with a law that states one thing (the father is responsible) and a social reality that states another (the parents precludes the biological father). I am for gay and reproduction rights, but this sort of behavior is terrible. You see it happen with women who essentially trap men with babies in the hetero world too. Babies are not pawns. :\

As I mentioned, I think this is a part of the war on men.
There are plenty of guys who got fingered as a father and have to pay child support, even after DNA testing proves the child isn't theirs.

Some states, Washington I am looking at you, state the husband is the father, and his name goes on the birth certificate, even when all parties know and agree that he is not. Not uncommon during separations and after divorce proceedings have started.

A woman can get an abortion, or she can have the child and force some guy to pay child support for 18 - 25 years. (probably longer now)
What can a guy do? How does he sever parental responsibility? The girl may agree, but involve the state and see what happens, like in this case, he has to pay and pay and ....

With DNA testing, I expect to see more cases where insemination from a service results in men being held to pay for child support, when the woman goes on government assistance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top