JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Posted here because it's not directly firearm related and didn't want to have it pulled.

At the link is a good article by the Yamhill Advocate about a new lawsuit regarding the recent election. In brief, a lawsuit has been filed against Oregon Secretary of State (SoS) Shemia Fagan and several County governments alleging voter suppression and failures to address voter fraud complaints. Bear in mind it was the corrupt SoS who allowed 114 on the ballot when it clearly violated the one topic rule, and when it's clearly unconstitutional. If the lawsuit prevails and shows the SoS to be corrupt it might help with any legal efforts to overturn or dismiss 114. In the past the Yamhill Advocate has done some very good investigative journalism into leftist activities in Newberg and Yamhill County.

Yamhill Advocate's Voter Fraud Lawsuit Article

Sadly a LOT of those voters are a perfect example of what a famous man called "useful idiots". Speak to many of them and they will strait face tell you the crime problem has nothing to do with the politicians they are voting for. They will list a bunch of reasons for it and blame people who are not even in power there. Then go back 2 years from now and vote for the same people again. Many of them with means will up and move to a place where there is no such crime. As soon as they get set up in the new place they will start to vote to turn it into the old place they fled. :s0092:

Sadly a LOT of those voters are a perfect example of what a famous man called "useful idiots". Speak to many of them and they will strait face tell you the crime problem has nothing to do with the politicians they are voting for. They will list a bunch of reasons for it and blame people who are not even in power there. Then go back 2 years from now and vote for the same people again. Many of them with means will up and move to a place where there is no such crime. As soon as they get set up in the new place they will start to vote to turn it into the old place they fled. :s0092:
True, but in this election, Joanne Hardesty and Chloe Eudaly were not reelected. Hardesty commented on the direction of the new Portland City Council:

"I think the next two years are gonna be very challenging for the city of Portland because we will have a brand new city council. I am the senior city council member and I leave Dec. 31. So as of Jan. 2, the mayor will be the only one with real expertise and how the city of Portland should run. And so I think what we're gonna find is a consolidated government working on behalf of downtown business interests at the expense of everyone else."

Sour grapes, or an accurate description of a voter base that has had enough?

True, but in this election, Joanne Hardesty and Chloe Eudaly were not reelected. Hardesty commented on the direction of the new Portland City Council:

"I think the next two years are gonna be very challenging for the city of Portland because we will have a brand new city council. I am the senior city council member and I leave Dec. 31. So as of Jan. 2, the mayor will be the only one with real expertise and how the city of Portland should run. And so I think what we're gonna find is a consolidated government working on behalf of downtown business interests at the expense of everyone else."

Downtown businesses are a vital part of the core community, whats good for them is good for "everyone else" IMO. Sounds like an improvement to me.

Hardesty sounds like she would like to make a comeback. I hope the voters have had enough of her.

The "downtown business interests" that she is talking about are not small businesses. Small businesses have little clout in Portland. Hardesty is talking about the type of people that belong to the Portland City Club. If you want to study how Portland declined into its present state, just review the discussions at Portland City Club meetings for the last 50 years. The members were all in for the misguided policies that have caused that decline.

The "downtown business interests" are not concerned about the plight of the small businesses. They are concerned about vacancy rates, loss of cash flow, and declining property values.

Hard&nasty is butt hurt.
Squeeler is an abject failure.
Gonzales is the replacement for the crypt keeper and has voiced his support of 114 in the hopes that it will stop the criminal violence in the city.
Which demonstrates his utter misunderstanding of how crime goes undeterred by laws, new laws, or anything short of locking their butts up.
He's another useful idiot just like the majority of voters.

Look just how bad it had to get? I have been for a decade or better watching this and wondering . Just how deep has the crap got to get to wake up the voters. Maybe it got deep enough to finally wake some of them up? Seattle still seems to be daily asking for another load of crap as they are not under water yet. :mad:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews