Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Left Hand Rifles

Reactions
I see Bergara is making a left handed HMR. Has anyone seen a Tikka CTRx in left hand ? I may be selling my unused Bergara HMR 6.5 Creed to get a lefty. I am thinking about the 6 mm Creed.

Reactions: ron
Reactions
In Catholic school we were all taught left handed people are all in cahoots with the devil!!

But seriously I always thought the Ruger #1 rifles were always a good choice, because they could be used by someone of either persuasion. Hold resale value, built solidly, and look pretty cool to me.

Or you could start with one of these and just go nuts.

Last edited:
OP
Rudedog
Reactions
I don't think you can get a left hand CTR in the US.
That is the answer that makes sense. At some point they may import them. I will think about keeping my right handed Bergara HMR since it will be fired from prone or on the bench anyway.

Reactions
Yeah, i havent seen a lefty CTR either. Not that id want one. There are more benefits to using a right handed, especially a precision bolt gun like the CTR, where you would be shooting it off the bench or other supported position. IE: bipod etc..

I am a lefty and I wouldn't know how to shoot a left handed bolt gun.

Funny, I'm trying to sell my CTR 6.5CM for a Bergara. :cool:

Reactions

Kruelj, i saw a really nice Bergara at a shop lastnight. It was a beauty. Some are accuracy tested and labeled differently if they shoot better than others. This was one such rifle. Had a label on it ".408", so its a guaranteed shooter. Appeared to be cerakoated sniper gray with a dark dray and black stock. Pretty sweet rifle.

OP
Rudedog
Reactions

I think the mandatory use of a lefty rifle is for a hunting rifle. To minimize fumbling while doing manipulation in the field and enhancing safety. Using the right handed bolt for my uses , prone or supported bench , the right hand is fine.

Kruelj, i saw a really nice Bergara at a shop lastnight. It was a beauty. Some are accuracy tested and labeled differently if they shoot better than others. This was one such rifle. Had a label on it ".408", so its a guaranteed shooter. Appeared to be cerakoated sniper gray with a dark dray and black stock. Pretty sweet rifle.
Where? Convo please. :)

Muzzle loaders don't care left or right, they don't mind a little boarding house reach.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    A few years back, I had him thread the barrel on an AK. The threads were not aligned with the...
    • Howard1955
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    4.00 star(s)
    I found Oregon Rifleworks because I used to take public transit to Tigard and the Wes stops off...
    • corey_pdx
  • Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    With multiple FFL/shops closing over the last few months, it’s nice to see Ed doing so well...
    • PNW Partisan
  • Ed's Guns and Gear
    5.00 star(s)
    Ed's a great guy with a good peronality and good customer service. I enjoy supporting his small...
    • jaytee0115
  • Revelation Arms
    1.00 star(s)
    I will preface this with the fact that this poor reference is only based on my experience...
    • trekkerpaul