JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found one at the Medford sportsmans warehouse for 30 bucks.i think the next closest one was around 80.i was kinda thinking that for that cheap how good could it be. I'll admit I was surprised at how good it actually was.works great with titegroup and so far has worked really well with varget.havent had a single charge that I've checked be over and the most under was .1 grain.i had read a lot of bad reviews about it but in happy with it.just thought I'd let you guys know in case anyone was on the fence about buying one.

I've had a few of them. Only reason I'm down to one is because I've given the other ones away to people who were getting started reloading.

I'm looking forward to my Lee Loadmaster coming... soon to be listed is a Lee Classic Turret with 7 heads. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to not buy based on the color of the equipment.

I've had a few of them. Only reason I'm down to one is because I've given the other ones away to people who were getting started reloading.

I'm looking forward to my Lee Loadmaster coming... soon to be listed is a Lee Classic Turret with 7 heads. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to not buy based on the color of the equipment.
Let me know how the loadmaster turns out,I've been eyeballing one for 9mm,I'm sure it will turn into having a setup for everything

I've read that with proper throw technique the Lee will match the accuracy of RCBS, Redding and Harrells. Good to know in some cases you don't have to cry when you buy.

Same here,I'm more concerned with function than color.
After a lot of research, my latest press purchase was a Pro 1000 for 45ACP and, after some tweaking, it's humming along without any drama.
Lee killed sales of the Pro 1000 by introducing the "factory crimp die" and convincing everyone they needed it, and at least a 4 stationed progressive.

With the Loadmaster's up-stroke-to-prime design using up a station, it is reduced to a 4 station progressive, and the reason I didn't buy one.
Some owners complain that method of priming can be problematic and has no feel, as everything else is going on at the same time (sizing, de-prime, powder drop, bullet seating, case crimping).

The Pro1000 was cheap enough for me to be left setup for one caliber.
Just something to think about, and know that I'm not new to progressives, and have been using both a RCBS piggyback and ammo-master auto for a while.
I'm not suggesting the Pro 1000 is the best at anything or "better" than the loadmaster, with lots of online info/help for both, just something to consider at a lower price point.
works for me...
:D

Last Edited:
After a lot of research, my latest press purchase was a Pro 1000 for 45ACP and, after some tweaking, it's humming along without any drama.
Lee killed sales of the Pro 1000 by introducing the "factory crimp die" and convincing everyone they needed it, and at least a 4 stationed progressive.

With the Loadmaster's up-stroke-to-prime design using up a station, it is reduced to a 4 station progressive, and the reason I didn't buy one.
Some owners complain that method of priming can be problematic and has no feel, as everything else is going on at the same time (sizing, de-prime, powder drop, bullet seating, case crimping).

The Pro1000 was cheap enough for me to be left setup for one caliber.
Just something to think about, and know that I'm not new to progressives, and have been using both a RCBS piggyback and ammo-master auto for a while.
I'm not suggesting the Pro 1000 is the best at anything or "better" than the loadmaster, with lots of online info/help for both, just something to consider at a lower price point.
works for me...

I did consider this model but went with the Lee turret for fast change to different calibers + it was only $200.:)

I did consider this model but went with the Lee turret for fast change to different calibers + it was only $200.:)
I just mentioned the Pro 1000 here as an alternative because @Josh89 mentioned "eyeballing" a Loadmaster, and as I recall he has a LCT.

"Add a bullet and pull the lever"
What I like the most about either Lee is they come with a case feeder, that reduces what your left hand does to just loading the bullet, and your right hand never leaves the lever :).
Using my RCBS PB and Ammo-master I had to add the bullet and the case before pulling the lever, much slower, and the reason I added bullet feeders to them so I only need to add case now.

I looked into the LCT as well, but the kit comes with stuff I didn't need (scale, case conditioning kit, both L/S safety prime) and not with stuff I needed (dies).
The LCT is probably the next press I'll buy though ;)

I change presses for a fast change over :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class