JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've heard that they actually work fairly well although Leatherwood doesn't have the best optical quality. You'd have to tailor your load to work with the cam, and you'd have to make mental adjustments to compensate for elevation/barametric pressure differences. If you're just plinking it may be a good option. If you're serious about shooting long range you'd be better off with a Leupold Mk IV, Sightron SIII, Nightforce NXS, or other optic with good glass and repeatable adjustable turrets. You have to go through the work of developing and confirming a drop chart (and testing at different elevations and conditons), but if you're serious, it's worth it. JMHO.

Leatherwood had some serious quality issues a few years back when the company outsourced to a chinese mfg for the glass.. They supposedly have rectified that situation but I haven't had the opportunity to check out one of the new production models lately...

As far as other brands to investigate check into IOR it's Russian glass but a few of the 1k shooters I know use them and absolutely love the durability, ease of adjustment and clarity of the optics... I've got a Millet that I bought for my 300Win Mag project that I really like. The side focus knob is a bit stiff but the clarity and light transmission is very good.

Hey bud, I own several FALs and these rifles were not made to be tack drivers. The fancier the scope, the better you can see your groups open up. FALs were a minute of bad guy gun. Something to consider.

SF-

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads