JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I ordered from what a country some steel magazines. They should arrive Monday so I will be "field testing" them over the next couple weekends. I will let everyone know the results. Each magazine will be loaded 10 times or have 200 rounds loaded for those of us that went to public schools.;):)

You will get exactly what you pay for from Mark...he can be a bit of a curmudgeon but he is an honest businessman IMO and has done a lot to support the FAL community.
Yeah but if you want to get on his good side be sure to call him and ask a bunch of questions, make sure its a long call too. Oh, and ask about paypal too. :D:rolleyes:

C2D9BF8E-9307-4B63-879B-B87B6831839F.jpeg image.jpg
Magazines arrived today. They all fit and load up nicely. Only thing is that they are extremely tight with 20 rounds and you have to give them a little extra slap to get them to seat. I however never completely load my magazines but, I want to give an honest opinion/review of them. I will update after I start using them next Saturday.

So I have shot on two separate occasions. I have put 100 rounds through 3 different magazines; per visit shooting. The outcome is that they have been great in regards to feeding the rounds except for the last round. The bolt locks back and there's still one round left in the magazine.

It didn't matter what magazine I used of the 3 that I tested. I compared the new magazines to my old one that came with the rifle and they appear to be the same size. (Original magazine made by DSArms. No issues with original. Original magazine is also manufacturer of new magazines). No idea why at this time. Will update after the next time I get to go shooting.

You will get exactly what you pay for from Mark...he can be a bit of a curmudgeon but he is an honest businessman IMO and has done a lot to support the FAL community.
Yes you will, yes he is, yes he is, and yes he has and does...:D

For FAL-formation and some good reads, check out the FAL Files Forums... worth it if you like or want to get into the FAL.

Not to be that guy but it doesn't seem that long ago FAL mags were 2-3 bucks each. G3 mags a bucks each....:(
I'm still kicking myself for selling a bunch at cost to a person who planned to mark them up and resell them. He later had some trouble with the law, and agreed to sell them back to me, but they disappeared somewhere along the way...:(

I must admit, some of Gunplumber's arguments and rants were absolutely epic! There were quite a few characters on that board, that's for sure!

A bunch of great people, too! I met up with a bunch of guys from Eugene who helped me headspace my rifle. They even invited me, a complete stranger, to stay for dinner! Things like that are one of the many reasons I absolutely love the firearms community!

One of these days, I'll have to track down the photos of the Imbel receiver that I blew up...:s0001:

Thanks I found these
Thermold FN-FAL Metric Magazine

And didn't know if they were any good.

I think @Stomper has a couple FAL maybe he will have a couple suggestions

I use the thermals metric fal mags for my RFB and have found them to work great. I actually prefer them to the steel fal mags because they don't leave a rub mark on my brass coming into contact with the feed lips.

I bought my Imbel 17.2" kit from Mark off the FALfiles, though I wasn't a member at the time. It was $550 and didn't match, but I couldn't find that kit anywhere else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top