JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my Weatherby SA-08

It's the black synthetic version, and I did the camo wrap myself. I've taken many, MANY ducks with it, and it's run so flawlessly that it's actually boring to shoot! ;)
IMG_0353.JPG

I wanted to get away from my old 870 because of my left shoulder problems so I bought an M2000 Stoeger semi-auto w/A4 cammo and a 28" barrel. It took me most of the first waterfowl season to stop pumping the damn thing......
It has held up well during the past 5 seasons & only had one problem with the sliding ejector (I never cleaned it due to not knowing I had to clean it) but read the manual from cover to cover for what ever SG you do get.;)
Good luck with your quest!!!!

Disregard every other post except those that say .....
Benelli SBE II or III
Fastest reciprocating semi auto shotgun in the world:cool:
1800 buck by now I suppose :D
But you just can't buy that and expect to use it for upland birds also:confused:
Nooooo!
For that you have to use a under/over or side by side.
And a decent double gun starts at about 2 grand:cool:
As far as barrel length,I bought my SBE II in 26". Just a little better handling for me. If I was goose hunting more maybe 28" would be useful but not really sure. 3 1/2 mags will reach a long way,so will 2" make a difference? How far away do you want to shoot birds?
As far as gauge, I have always used 12 for waterfowl. But if I get a double gun for upland I'll get a 20 gauge. Well I do have a very nice 12 gauge under over that was my dad's too.
It's a SKB/ Ithaca from the 70's
Oh yeah,I do a semi auto cause I suck bad enough with a shot gun and ain't coordinated enough for a pump:confused:
:D

Shotguns are like cars, women, and booze. You can get by with a farm truck, a farm girl, and a warm beer. But there come a time in a man's life, that he can afford better. Buy yourself a benelli super black eagle II. In 12ga, 26 or 28" barrel. You won't hurt yourself either way. They are fully adjustable for stock fit. Hard to find used, but very easy to sell used, if needed. And without losing much money. Easiest of all the big name shotguns to clean. 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 shells. And the lightest of the bunch. The only people that dog them, don't have one. They ain't cheap, but life is short. So, put down that warm beer and go get one. I didn't say anything about the farm truck or the farm girl. I still like both.:)
And a pallet of rounds,cause it will go thru them fast

Man, I was a water fowl killin fool with my 1187 Super Magnum, that shotgat simply never missed, and while it is a beast, it is also a great boat paddle, serious club when you run out of your 25 rounds of allowed hunting ammo, makes a heck of a walking stick, runs when frozen solid, and spits out all three shell sizes with equal gusto! Bonus is that it's extremely quick to load and reload when the birds are circling over their fallen comrades, might not be the latest and greatest wizz bang tactical thing, but for a water way anti everything, it don't get no better!

Get 3 Maverick 88s. Or 1 Mossberg 500.

I am happy with my SX3.

Exactly. 870s have been killing birds forever without many hiccups, lots of barrel options, and you can field strip it with a quarter and a pen.

Have an 870, its a great backup. When I made this post I wanted a semi. So I got one.

Man, I was a water fowl killin fool with my 1187 Super Magnum, that shotgat simply never missed, and while it is a beast, it is also a great boat paddle, serious club when you run out of your 25 rounds of allowed hunting ammo, makes a heck of a walking stick, runs when frozen solid, and spits out all three shell sizes with equal gusto! Bonus is that it's extremely quick to load and reload when the birds are circling over their fallen comrades, might not be the latest and greatest wizz bang tactical thing, but for a water way anti everything, it don't get no better!

Thank you for the advice. But this thread is almost 3 years old now. I bought a SX3 and I am supremely happy with it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top