JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Benelli M2
SBE3
New Browning A5
Franchi Affinity

Not a fan of gas guns. All these have synthetic camo options for the duck blind and all are excellent pheasant guns although for upland I prefer a 20ga to knock another pound off. The Franchi is the least expensive option. Usually 600-700 on sale out the door. The other ones are 1220-1500.

Benelli M2
SBE3
New Browning A5
Franchi Affinity

Not a fan of gas guns. All these have synthetic camo options for the duck blind and all are excellent pheasant guns although for upland I prefer a 20ga to knock another pound off. The Franchi is the least expensive option. Usually 600-700 on sale out the door. The other ones are 1220-1500.
Thank you for the advise. I have purchased an SX3 since I started this thread in 2017

In spite of a 2-year old thread...:s0140:

We have the biggest selection available of really great semi autos that we've ever had.
My "group" of really serious waterfowlers have standardized on the SX's, (I have an SX2), but there are also other really great choices.

The OP did well, even if it is old news.:D

Last Edited:
In spite of a 3 year old thread...:s0140:

We have the biggest selection available of really great semi autos that we've ever had.
My "group" of really serious waterfowlers have standardized on the SX's, (I have an SX2), but there are also other really great choices.

FTFY ;)

In spite of a 2-year old thread...:s0140:

Math is hard.... :s0140:

A couple of observations on auto loaders. I have an 1187. It's super reliable, easy to clean. I like the gun. That said, it is a gas operated gun, and it doesn't like the reduced power load shells. People have modified the gas ports on the barrel for lower power loads, but then you will beat up the gun shooting standard loads. So that means another barrel for that option.

So where am I headed with this? If you think you might want to shoot Skeet or Trap, and you have an 1187 (or 1100) you'll have to do so with a standard 2 3/4 inch shell. For Skeet, you'll need a gun capable of quickly getting two shots off for a pair. Pump guns just aren't fast enough for a Skeet pair. Shooting 3 or 4 rounds of Skeet (25 shells per round) with 2 3/4" shells, even in an auto loader, is punishing. If something like Skeet or Trap is in your future, you might consider an over/under with which you can shoot lighter factory loads (or your own reloads) or high power loads if/when needed? It will do everything the 1187 does, with the flexibility of a large variety of loads. A plus for an over/under, is you can have different chokes in each of the barrels.

No corner on the right answers, here just consider the flexibility.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top