JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haven't seen this bright up here yet, just curious what everyone's thoughts are? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to CNC cut a AR-15 lower from a billet piece of aluminum?

Edit - I think this was supposed to go in Firearm Legislation & Activism section. Sorry, please move if appropriate.

On a machine already setup? Probably less than an hour, certainly less than 8 hours. IIRC, even a home hobbyist CNC machine would take less than 8 hours I would think.

I have not read the link you provided (I think) but another article I saw a week or so ago mentioned standard shop tools - i.e., drill press, etc., not a CNC machine.

Edit: actually your link in turn links to the article I was reading, but I have not finished reading it.

I was at a shop that had a set up and was running 4 at a time. They set up 4 vices and each vice had a separate operation. Not standing there and timing it, but i would guess that it would take about an hour for the program to run through all 4 positions). Remember, that is running 4 at a time in 4 separate vices.

1st op: load 4 pieces of raw material in a vice set-up and do the first side.
2nd op: take those 4 piece and load them into another vice set-up with the 2nd operation - and load 4 new pieces of raw material into position #1.
3rd op and 4th ops: repeated in other sets of vices and rotating everything.

Once there were 16 pieces in the machine (4 pieces in each of the 4 operations), I'd guess that it took about an hour to run through all 16 pieces in each of the positions.

(again, i hope that makes sense)

YES, it was a perfectly legitimate operation in a machine shop. This was making 80% lowers. If it were to do the entire milling...???? I'd add maybe 5-10 minutes total. For a CNC to produce a "finished" lower wouldn't take that much longer.

Midway USA stopped selling Polymer 80's, foreshadowing?
or got served by feds to hand over buyers info?
you be the judge, not only are they going after braces... Again,
I feel 80% firearms are next up on Bidens chopping block, of rights, Americans no longer deserve.

Midway USA stopped selling Polymer 80's, foreshadowing?
or got served by feds to hand over buyers info?
you be the judge, not only are they going after braces... Again,
I feel 80% firearms are next up on Bidens chopping block, of rights, Americans no longer deserve.
So what will the ATF do when they knock on your door and you tell them that you sold or gave away the 80% frame/etc.?

It is not legally a firearm at the point you bought it.

So what will the ATF do when they knock on your door and you tell them that you sold or gave away the 80% frame/etc.?

It is not legally a firearm at the point you bought it.
Midway was selling them for $99, I told a friend they were dumping inventory it seemed. Looks like I was right possibly. Weird they aren't selling any all of a sudden.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top