JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
107 pages of legal jargon.

Any translations available?
I skimmed through it. Starts off saying the obvious: "we're going to provide more clear definitions for (insert the usual here [firearm, receiver, readily available, etc.])."

And, as you would expect, those terms were not better defined anywhere in the document.

Final definition: you will penetrated in any oarfice available by any government agency for having any of the above mentioned items. Understanding this new bill is not important. The feds do not understand it either, especially the new guy that they call Mr. President. He can't even remember the names of his cabinet members.

OK, I'm about halfway through this. So far: 1: 80% kits are going to have to be serialized with a full background check. It's unclear to me so far what that means for an 80% receiver sold by itself. I think this is unclear to the ATF too. 2: Uppers are going to be serialized as well. 3: If you get any work done on your PMF (privately made firearm) by a gunsmith, said gunsmith must mark the receiver(s) and register them to you. 4: Redefines how a suppressor is to be serialized.

That's all I have so far; I'm sure there's a lot more.

OK, I'm about halfway through this. So far: 1: 80% kits are going to have to be serialized with a full background check. It's unclear to me so far what that means for an 80% receiver sold by itself. I think this is unclear to the ATF too. 2: Uppers are going to be serialized as well. 3: If you get any work done on your PMF (privately made firearm) by a gunsmith, said gunsmith must mark the receiver(s) and register them to you. 4: Redefines how a suppressor is to be serialized.

That's all I have so far; I'm sure there's a lot more.

I look forward to all the new 79% receivers hitting the market.

Expanding the definition of what a receiver is and reducing the number of parts of other definitions, I.e., like fire control.... and requiring SN's on everything (anything that can be made into a firearms) so BGC can be made

It's like the ATF is the legislative branch without the cumbersome debates, votes, executive signature, etc..... how efficient of our governement! They're now saving lives, time and $$!! They just write what they think the law should be and it is! Sooooo koooolllll!!!!!

That's BS. I shouldn't nee to pass a background check for firearms I already own, especially when I have a CHL,

I think all BCGs should remove all firearm information.

All they need to know is if I pass and I'm legally allowed to have one, what I'm buying is none of their business

"It would change how silencers are regulated by requiring only the outside tube to be serialized instead of each individual part."

I'm in the middle of my form 1 for my first can. Do you now have to put the serial number on all pieces?

This little tid bit caught my eye...

Currently, licensees other than manufacturers and importers do not have to store their ATF Forms 4473 or A&D records beyond 20 years. This proposed rule would require licensed dealers and collectors to store their Forms 4473 or A&D records indefinitely.

"It would change how silencers are regulated by requiring only the outside tube to be serialized instead of each individual part."

I'm in the middle of my form 1 for my first can. Do you now have to put the serial number on all pieces?
No, this is not law. Yet...

If I'm reading it right, it would also make suppressor parts, suppressors. So three lug mounts, different thread pitch front caps, booster assemblies all become part of one serialized suppressor. Destroying the current modularity market trends and going back to the way suppressors were.

While you're watching the ATF, the US Post Office law enforcement folks are monitoring social media for other agencies.

Thanks for putting this up.

I saw that on the WWWeb news from various sources and told my husband about it when I saw it.

They can't DELIVER the MAIL in a timely manner and/or they LOSE MAIL as it is.

Meanwhile they have this salami going on too!

Crazy!

I have been calling and complaining about the U.S. MAIL for a few years now and within the last 1 to 2 years - it is so much WORSE!

Cate

Haven't seen this bright up here yet, just curious what everyone's thoughts are? Also, does anyone know how long it takes to CNC cut a AR-15 lower from a billet piece of aluminum?

"around an eight-hour working day in a properly equipped machine shop" was considered "readily" convertible

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads