JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a note @etrain16 , it appears that rotometals has added a bullet scrap ingot to their inventory and it's on the edge of being reasonably priced at ~1.50 per pound. Free shipping on that one:). I recently melted down some unknown scrap I had collected and by paying attention to the details and with a little coaching from @Certaindeaf via pm I ended up with close to a thousand really nice projectiles for my .38 cal needs. I added some magnum shot to harden the alloy a bit and I'm very pleased with the result. Free lead is better of course, but 3 cents a bullet isn't bad IMOP from rotometals if you come up short. I might order some myself just to supplement what I have. I've been eyeballing some linotype they have there also; while more expensive, if used sparingly to harden free scrap alloys it would last quite a while.

Dang ... wish you closer etrain...got some lead you could have for the low , low price of free.
Sometimes stores put on clearance odd ball caliber lead round balls or bullets ... if you are just going to melt 'em down ... then this can be good way to get lead for a fair price.
Andy

Andy I'm going to be in the Monroe area August 30th (Joan Jett concert) at the Evergreen State fairgrounds. I can come up early and mule it downy to retrain when I fish the Columbia river this fall....
Win win, I'll be a mule to pay it forward for the good deed of a member here who did that for me. Thanks Craig!!!

Andy I'm going to be in the Monroe area August 30th (Joan Jett concert) at the Evergreen State fairgrounds. I can come up early and mule it downy to retrain when I fish the Columbia river this fall....
Win win, I'll be a mule to pay it forward for the good deed of a member here who did that for me. Thanks Craig!!!

That's a kind offer Jim :)

Jim .. We will have to figure a way to make that happen ... be neat to meet ya!
Andy

I seem to recall in the last year or so seeing a member here at NWFA that had a bunch of lead bars/ingots for sale. I can't remember who that was and the search function doesn't seem to be helping me any. I recall he mentioned donating a portion of the sale to NWFA if an NWFA member makes a purchase?

Anyone remember that ad, who it was and/or know if it's still available?

I may part with some of mine. How much are you looking for? I live in Central Oregon.

Just out of curiosity are the 15lb lead bars sold at commercial fishing supply shops for crab pots of any use?
I'm not reloading just seems like shipping lead could cost more than the cost of the ingots themselves.

I seem to recall in the last year or so seeing a member here at NWFA that had a bunch of lead bars/ingots for sale. I can't remember who that was and the search function doesn't seem to be helping me any. I recall he mentioned donating a portion of the sale to NWFA if an NWFA member makes a purchase?

Anyone remember that ad, who it was and/or know if it's still available?

WTT OR - Lead Ingots 2lb
WTS OR - Lead ingots

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews