JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well---my wife got her hands on my old Kel-Tec P32, and SHE LIKES IT.

SO---Time for a new gun for me. I've had the P32 for a long time
(SN 14XX) and it's worked well. So I'm thinking P3AT. But the little
Ruger looks sweet---and so far the reviews have been pretty good.

I'm sure some of you have tried both---which would you recommend?

I went with the LCP because they were pretty close in price and it looks/feels better made. It has better molded plastic etc.:s0112: Since you already have a P32 I would be tempted to go P3AT to keep things consistent and similar though.

There are a couple of advantages to the P3AT. I'd buy either. The P3AT has been around longer and has a couple of revisions. In other words, the bugs are out of it. I had one and it was uber dependable. The only reason I sold it was I settled on the PF-9 9mm.

Another benefit to the P3AT is that they seem to be cheaper to buy. Jack at Dan-Dee Sales has sold them for $240 IIRC when he has them. It would be worth checking with him. Check with Jack for availability

I would also say I like my LCP better than my Keltec (although I carried the keltec for nearly 5 years).

LCP seems to have better construction, is more comfortable in your hands and I had less jamming issues. with 100 rounds of the LCP, maybe 2 jams. with the Keltec it was more picky with the ammo and I would have 10 jams or so. Plus the LCP has a slide lock, my Keltec didn't. also, the molded grips of the LCP are more comfortable in the hands.

would I buy another Keltec...yes but compared to the LCP, I'd buy it instead. if the LCP wasn't out there, I'd do the P3AT

So not to change the subject but has anyone had any experience with the PF-9 or P11 in 9mm?

I need a new carry gun, these are cheap and I wouldn't mind keeping the same caliber.

Thanks for the help, sorry to take the discussion off from your post!

I loved my P3AT for carrying, recoil was massive, never expected that from a .380. Still an awesome little pistol though.
I bought a PF9 and I would suggest trying one first, my finger hit the mag release under recoil and turned it into a single shot, so had to dump that one. The P11 is a great pistol for carry, the trigger is the only thing to get over, long and HEAVY, but mine was utterly reliable, and wonderful to carry.

I have a LCP; it felt higher quality than the KelTecs that I handled. If price was not an object, I would buy a Kahr P380. Really cool little pistol, however you could almost buy two LCPs for the price of a P380.

I believe that for the size and weight of the Sig, and for a lot less money, you could carry a Kel-Tec PF-9 in 9mm +P. (I alternate between the PF-9 and a Glock 23.)

The weight difference isn't too bad, but the feel of shooting the Sig is just better in my opinion plus the night sights just make it all that much better for me. But thats why they make so many guns cause we all don't like the same thing!

238vsp3atsmall.jpg

Had a P3ATnow have an LCP I likethe LCP better. Feel and reliability, I even consciously limp wristed it and no malfunctionsin over 200rds looking at the -380 or 238 now also for the girl

The weight difference isn't too bad, but the feel of shooting the Sig is just better in my opinion plus the night sights just make it all that much better for me. But thats why they make so many guns cause we all don't like the same thing!

238vsp3atsmall.jpg

That Sig is a wimpy knee-slapping joke compared to a Kel-Tec PF-9 in +P for the same size and weight.

How about we stay on topic about which is better - P3AT or LCP?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top