JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have the LCP (hence the screen name) I love the little bugger, I've put over 300 rounds down the pipe with only 2 "stove pipes" that I can remember. Great little Pistol, and at the time of purchase it was only $10.00 more expensive than the P3AT...So being a big fan of Ruger firearms I naturally bought the LCP. But the most important thing to remember is that the gun needs to feel comfortable to you, and feel like an extention of yourself. ~My .02~ :D

So I'm thinking P3AT. But the little
Ruger looks sweet----which would you recommend?

I'm looking at the Kel Tec & Ruger LCP too....or maybe the Taurus 738.....maybe the Diamondback 380.......all really light weight. Any chance any of the pistols might be chambered in the 32 NAA cartridge? Like the NAA Guardian pistol chambered in the 32 NAA cartridge, but want it lighter in weight. I'm a handloader, so making up 32 NAA ammo from necked down 380 cases will be easy to gain proper reliability.

Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.

I have a Ruger LCP and like it, its my summer concealed carry gun. I have shot around 250 rounds and never one failure, Im really impressed, plus the accuracy is decent at 25 yards.

I went with the Ruger, because I prefer that brand compared to kel-tec. Plus I liked the overall finish and the Ruger was nicer looking to me.

I picked one up a couple weeks ago, but have yet to fire it. Noticed at the Scappoose Fred Meyer yesterday that they had them marked down to $299, plus you get the gas discounts, etc.... Pretty good price.

I have the Ruger LCP, about a year now. I love it, easy to carry and has went bang eveytime I pulled the trigger. In hind sight- I may have considered the P3AT a bit more as it can shoot the .380+P ammo, like the Buffalo Bore stuff- the LCP is very clear about only handling the regular stuff. I love my LCP but would like to be able to carry it loaded with some hot +P ammo. Picked the LCP because it was a bit nicer looking and seemed more "attention to detail" than the kel tec- and got a heck of a deal.

I have been packing the kel-tecs for a long time. Started with the P-32 and traded up to the P3AT when it first came out. Later bought the PF-9 and am darn impressed with its accuracy out to as much as 50 ft.

I now carry the P3AT most of the time since it is so lightweight and flat in my front pocket. I like the fact I don't have a lot of money invested in the pistol so if I had to lose it following a defensive shooting I would not be upset.

I have zero experience with the new ruger but like the looks of it and see that many dealers put a hefty price tag on them when they first came out. They still run about $60-70 more than the kel-tec. The kel-tec is reliable and will do the job just fine.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top