JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got the call I've been waiting for for the last 3 weeks.. My LCP2 is now back, and comfortably riding in my pocket. I was worried that due to the MkIV recall it might take a while, but 3 weeks is not bad. I do feel a little jipped though... Mark IV folks get a free mag back, and I'll I got was a stupid cleaning cloth. Oh well, at least it's something. IMG_2082.JPG

As I was signing the paperwork, the guy at Sportsmans was telling me that when he was on the phone with he lady at Ruger, she said that my perticular issue(Magazine dropped out every time I pulled the trigger) was very common... Another common issue they are running into... get this:
Dogs chewing them up and eating the bullets from the mags! :s0001: No Joke! The only thing that I can think of is they think the Ruger ARX ammo that a lot of people use, including myself, actually looks like dog kibble. But this is specifically an LCP2 issue, so I don't know. BA331678-43B4-4EE3-9B0A-10B2C3CFB660-2218-00000302C7E3DD02_tmp.jpg
Maybe it's just me, but Im of the opinion that if you are careless enough to leave your gun where your dog can get it, you deserve to have it chewed up. If a dog can get to it, a child can get to it. I don't know if Ruger is actually covering these $300 chew toys, but it must take some serious humility to admit you let your dog eat your gun.:s0002:

Custom K-9 stipple job... If all else fails, cut the chew marks off. and say you did it so it would take g26 mags.:s0108:

Guys actually do the cut off mod lol I think its called a G26L. The idea was to give yourself the short grip for easier concealment while maintaining the longer sight radius and light rail of a 19 or 17.

As for why the dogs are doing it if the stuff was more common I'd say it was that paint they were putting on bullets that had genuine pigs blood in them as the dogs could potentially smell that. Other then that its really hard to say I have definitely kept an eye on where I put my pistols even though my pup has an entire box of toys she'd rather chew on as opposed to anything of mine.

Guys actually do the cut off mod lol I think its called a G26L. The idea was to give yourself the short grip for easier concealment while maintaining the longer sight radius and light rail of a 19 or 17.

As for why the dogs are doing it if the stuff was more common I'd say it was that paint they were putting on bullets that had genuine pigs blood in them as the dogs could potentially smell that. Other then that its really hard to say I have definitely kept an eye on where I put my pistols even though my pup has an entire box of toys she'd rather chew on as opposed to anything of mine.

You mean JiHawg ammo... No 40 virgins for the extremists hit with these.
5D89A6E2-A3F2-4CEC-B598-D63B5902145E-2218-0000038B67244BF0_tmp.jpg

You mean JiHawg ammo... No 40 virgins for the extremists hit with these.
View attachment 371353

Well that was the thought although a number of scholars weighed in when it first came out as I recall pointing out that the prohibition on pork is basically limited to willing consumption with there even being exceptions for times when there are no other options (basically consumption of pork is allowed if its that or starvation).

I'd like to have my G17 cut down to a 19 grip length... for said carry comfort and concealment, and also mag versatility. If/When SHTF..having g19 mag compatibility would be advantageous. Taking it down to 26 length wouldnt be worth it though... it'd take too much feel&control away IMO.

Some of my guns are laying about... Either for the purpose of study or waiting for some restoration / maintenance work.
But ....
I do not have a dog that chews on things other than his toys ... Or a herd of kids and other untrained folks thru my house.
If folks:
Kept their guns out of reach of dogs and untrained people ...
Trained the people who might come into contact with their guns on proper , safe firearm handling...
Watched where the gun's muzzle was pointing and kept their damn finger off the trigger , until ready to shoot ...
Then stories like this , or worse might not happen.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top