JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was an article in the latest addition of the Sheriff's Office Newsletter. What bothers me is what the AK-47 was doing when it was recovered and that none of the other weapons were worth mentioning. I'm tired of hearing and reading the term "assault rifle". Besides being grammatically incorrect, I believe they term is being overused by the national media and elected officials to push their own agendas or to incite panic at the mention of a specific model of weapon. Once this falsehood is in the minds and language of the everyday, average citizen, laws like the Assault Weapons Ban of 94' will be easier to pass. That's my opinion, of course, but I did write the editor to express my dissatisfaction. What are your thoughts?

Drug Raids Continue in Washington County

In May, the Westside Interagency Narcotics Team (WIN) arrested 23 people on drug charges during "Operation Corridor Express". As information developed from "Corridor Express" and other cases came to conclusion, the WIN Team has arrested more than 43 people involved in Drug Trafficking Organizations. Here are the latest updates.

On June 15, the WIN Team served a search warrant on a Hillsboro residence and seized methamphetamine, firearms and cash.

On June 15, another warrant was served on a home in the Laurel Road area resulting in further methamphetamine, firearms and cash being seized. A total of five persons were arrested in this operation.

On June 18, the WIN Team served a search warrant at a residence in North Plains, dismantling a mid-level heroin drug trafficking organization. In this operation, WIN seized an AK-47 assault rifle, two additional rifles, two handguns, a small amount of heroin and $5,000 in cash. Three adults were arrested.

Original Issue can be seen here: http://www.co.washington.or.us/cgi/sonews/letter.pl?searchstring=currentidx

Editor: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews