JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Once again, I'm copy/pasting from elsewhere. Good stuff, or I would not bother. :s0155:

*********SNIP***********

In the last week of March of this year, a World War II Curtiss P-40 was found intact in the Sahara desert. It was last heard from in April of 1942. The British pilot either became lost or was shot down. It's been remarkably preserved in the dry desert climate after 70 years. The plane is a Kittyhawk MkIA, bearing markings of the 260th Squadron, Royal Air Force. Its pilot's fate is unknown. P-40s first saw combat with the British Commonwealth squadrons of their Desert Air Force in the Middle East and North African campaigns during June 1941.

<broken link removed>

Its my understanding quite a few planes got lost coming back from raids into Sicily and Italy. There is a famous Bomber that got lost Kadafee is supposed to have collected up what was left of it and had it like some sort of trophy.

I know there is a group that works to find any lost War plane. And they have found a lot of them in the jungles of the south pacific.

Its my understanding quite a few planes got lost coming back from raids into Sicily and Italy. There is a famous Bomber that got lost Kadafee is supposed to have collected up what was left of it and had it like some sort of trophy.

I know there is a group that works to find any lost War plane. And they have found a lot of them in the jungles of the south pacific.

Being a part of that group sure would be fun.

Yeah that lost bomber was the inspiration for the movie Flight of the Phoenix. Great acting in the original version. I only made it halfway though the remake though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top