JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I found the coolest thing I’ve seen in a long time at the show I’m working this week. It’s a computer/projector system they use for LEO and Military firearms training. The short story is you can put a laser insert into your gun and run training drills by shooting at a projector screen. So far I have shoot a couple thousand rounds and haven’t spent a penny on ammo. I thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share…… Anyone want to go halfs on a system…..it’s only 18k?? :s0114:

http://www.lasershot-military.com/videos/

Threat Dynamics is great. you buy range cards or scenario cards for various amts of money and number of sessions. they also hold classes there. The staff is both friendly and knowledgable. An excellent alternative to live fire at a range to keep your skills up and develop new ones!
James

At Threat Dynamics, they have replaced the barrell with a laser, the computer reads the impact. Recoil and slide action are accomplished via CO2. The magazine has been modified to accept it. Now you may think, I shot CO2 bb guns as a kid, and it was nothing. The kick provided on these weapons is REAL! I had a loose grip once, and it hurt! Had my thumb slightly out of position and wouldn't you know it, the slide sliced me!
The weapons used are Glock models 17 and 22. They also have an AR15 that has been converted too. When doing the scenario in the 300 degree wrap around room, you are so immersed that you can actually forget that it is not real and the adrenaline rush is something else. For those that want a more realistic experience, they have a shock belt that you can put on. If you don't shoot the bad guy first, and he shoots you, you feel it! They are happy to give tours if the ranges are not full, so give them a call, make the drive. It is worth it.
Hope this helps.
James

Back when I was in the service we once had an indoor range that we used .22 conversions on our SA80s and it projected a video onto a panoramic screen.
We would look for targets and engage and the projection would freeze frame and a red light would shine through the hole from the back so you could see where you hit.
The screen was made of 3 moving rolls of cloth or paper so they would somehow move then to block out the hole you just made.
Then the video would continue.
Not sure if it was experimental or something widely used.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top