JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spent 3 days in Vegas several years ago and got my fill. Not a gambler, just a gawker, I actually remember the museums best. Now I'm going back for a friend's birthday and I'm cool with the trip. My GF likes to gamble a little, there'll 3-4 couples I actually like and we party well together.

So!
I've always said "If I ever go back there, I'm renting a Shelby Cobra [replica] and taking a high speed blast out to Hoover dam."

With the opportunity looming close, I'm curious and thinking about logistics. Has anyone here ever done it? I know it's obscenely expensive, and I'm prepared for that.

Good with speed - I ride fast motorcycles and I've driven muscle/performance cars. I think the Cobra with open side pipes and that ridiculous power/weight/noise ratio would be a hoot for a day - even at less than wide open throttle (I've no desire to see if the rollbar works).

What would bum me out is sitting in a traffic jam rumbling forward, one car-length at a time, along with 1000's of other tourists all heading for the same damn dam. Is this a do-able mission in that toy? Maybe some other destination would be better for blowing the wax out of my ears?

Open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

shelby cobra.jpg

Last Edited:
I've made that drive in a nice rented Mustang. We got a few chances to open it up along the way. But do be prepared for stop and go traffic once you get near the dam. It was a fun trip for us, I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime.

God I love those cobras. Always wanted one. I told my wife if we ever won the lotto I'm buying one.

Had a customer that bought on in the late sixties almost new for a few thousand.
Sold it 10 years later for $40k.
Then bought it back for $80k, then sold it again. The guy he sold it to ended up selling it at auction in 2009 for something like $400k.

His brother owns 2 worth over a million bucks.

I'd stick with the kit car.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top