JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks titsomritz and roger that on Coocoo lol.

I believe that Centurion trigger is a branded Schmid, at least I have read that the "S" in a square is their mark. I have one from another seller and love it, but I just bought a non-NiB coated one and it is really bad. All grindy and crud. After reading reviews on various sites of the Schmed'ish, I found a lot of preference for the LaRue.

UPDATE: Below is why the trigger I got was soooo bad. What makes me real happy though is I received an order confirmation and shipping notification for a replacement trigger before I received a response from the seller letting me know that a replacement is coming and to toss the original one. I didn't even ask for a replacement, just "what should I do" lol. Since I did not have to do anything, I let them know that I would not ask them for a refund solely based on their continued "super" service.

Schmid.jpg

Last Edited:
I really like them and for the price, think they really can't be beat. For the price of Geissele, I'd rather have triggertech. Tbh though, I don't see the hoopla around Geissele…most their stuff just seems overpriced to me. YMMV.

IMO for the money they cant be beat. I just installed three more that i got during the Black Friday sale but had not had time to install. Super light and short take up, followed by a crisp and light break. can shoot it slowly for long range, or easily shoot rapidly. Yes a hair single stage could be slightly faster, but many of those are double the price or more. And since a lot of my guns could be used for HD, dont like having a hair trigger single stage anyways. Plus you get free swag with every order LOL!

I have 5 of them and one Geissele. The Geissele is definitely "better" but not twice as good. Worth a purchase to try and if you don't like it, you're not out much.

I have 5 of them and one Geissele. The Geissele is definitely "better" but not twice as good. Worth a purchase to try and if you don't like it, you're not out much.
I agree. If we are talking total smoothness and pull weight. The Geissele wins. If we are talking good / dollars spent. The Larue wins.

If someone a "super duper owner" and setting up 10 rifles with all the same trigger. The Larue would be the better value option.

I have 3 of the LaRue MBTs and they shoot great. ALG-ACT is a certainly better than stock but the LaRue is a much better trigger and only about $10 more. Have a PSA polished trigger and it's just a little better than mil spec. Going back to a standard mil-spec trigger is like using a rusty come-along.

Wouldn't bother with the PSA or ALG triggers when the LaRue isn't that much more. You won't regret it.

I agree. If we are talking total smoothness and pull weight. The Geissele wins. If we are talking good / dollars spent. The Larue wins.
Besides trigger pull weight you must consider the Geissele lighter hammer weight is designed for faster lock
time that equals better accuracy. I have used many different triggers. I use to think the Geissele was over priced
but after using one for a couple years I think they are worth every penny. NM trigger

I've got a couple Geissele SSA-E triggers and a couple LaRue MBT triggers. The Geissele is a better trigger, but more money. As others have already said the MBT is a great trigger for the price. That difference in price, is the Geissele worth it? Its up to you. I don't think the Geissele makes me a better shooter or increases the shooting experience. I picked my Geisseles up during their black Friday sales, IIRC they were ~$150. For that price I'd buy the Geissele.

I've got a couple Geissele SSA-E triggers and a couple LaRue MBT triggers. The Geissele is a better trigger, but more money. As others have already said the MBT is a great trigger for the price. That difference in price, is the Geissele worth it? Its up to you. I don't think the Geissele makes me a better shooter or increases the shooting experience. I picked my Geisseles up during their black Friday sales, IIRC they were ~$150. For that price I'd buy the Geissele.
That is the way to do it and when I buy mine, I have never paid full price for a Geissele product and won't.

I have at least two. Maybe a third on one something. I also have a PSA 2 stage. I'd say the LaRue is better, but there isn't much between them. Larue does give an optional spring.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top