JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks titsomritz and roger that on Coocoo lol.

I believe that Centurion trigger is a branded Schmid, at least I have read that the "S" in a square is their mark. I have one from another seller and love it, but I just bought a non-NiB coated one and it is really bad. All grindy and crud. After reading reviews on various sites of the Schmed'ish, I found a lot of preference for the LaRue.

UPDATE: Below is why the trigger I got was soooo bad. What makes me real happy though is I received an order confirmation and shipping notification for a replacement trigger before I received a response from the seller letting me know that a replacement is coming and to toss the original one. I didn't even ask for a replacement, just "what should I do" lol. Since I did not have to do anything, I let them know that I would not ask them for a refund solely based on their continued "super" service.

Schmid.jpg

Last Edited:
I really like them and for the price, think they really can't be beat. For the price of Geissele, I'd rather have triggertech. Tbh though, I don't see the hoopla around Geissele…most their stuff just seems overpriced to me. YMMV.

IMO for the money they cant be beat. I just installed three more that i got during the Black Friday sale but had not had time to install. Super light and short take up, followed by a crisp and light break. can shoot it slowly for long range, or easily shoot rapidly. Yes a hair single stage could be slightly faster, but many of those are double the price or more. And since a lot of my guns could be used for HD, dont like having a hair trigger single stage anyways. Plus you get free swag with every order LOL!

I have 5 of them and one Geissele. The Geissele is definitely "better" but not twice as good. Worth a purchase to try and if you don't like it, you're not out much.

I have 5 of them and one Geissele. The Geissele is definitely "better" but not twice as good. Worth a purchase to try and if you don't like it, you're not out much.
I agree. If we are talking total smoothness and pull weight. The Geissele wins. If we are talking good / dollars spent. The Larue wins.

If someone a "super duper owner" and setting up 10 rifles with all the same trigger. The Larue would be the better value option.

I have 3 of the LaRue MBTs and they shoot great. ALG-ACT is a certainly better than stock but the LaRue is a much better trigger and only about $10 more. Have a PSA polished trigger and it's just a little better than mil spec. Going back to a standard mil-spec trigger is like using a rusty come-along.

Wouldn't bother with the PSA or ALG triggers when the LaRue isn't that much more. You won't regret it.

I agree. If we are talking total smoothness and pull weight. The Geissele wins. If we are talking good / dollars spent. The Larue wins.
Besides trigger pull weight you must consider the Geissele lighter hammer weight is designed for faster lock
time that equals better accuracy. I have used many different triggers. I use to think the Geissele was over priced
but after using one for a couple years I think they are worth every penny. NM trigger

I've got a couple Geissele SSA-E triggers and a couple LaRue MBT triggers. The Geissele is a better trigger, but more money. As others have already said the MBT is a great trigger for the price. That difference in price, is the Geissele worth it? Its up to you. I don't think the Geissele makes me a better shooter or increases the shooting experience. I picked my Geisseles up during their black Friday sales, IIRC they were ~$150. For that price I'd buy the Geissele.

I've got a couple Geissele SSA-E triggers and a couple LaRue MBT triggers. The Geissele is a better trigger, but more money. As others have already said the MBT is a great trigger for the price. That difference in price, is the Geissele worth it? Its up to you. I don't think the Geissele makes me a better shooter or increases the shooting experience. I picked my Geisseles up during their black Friday sales, IIRC they were ~$150. For that price I'd buy the Geissele.
That is the way to do it and when I buy mine, I have never paid full price for a Geissele product and won't.

I have at least two. Maybe a third on one something. I also have a PSA 2 stage. I'd say the LaRue is better, but there isn't much between them. Larue does give an optional spring.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top