JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a Larue MBT trigger some months back and installed it in my Windham Weaponry AR15. I was very happy with it the few times I had taken it out but did not have a chance to really, give it the berries, as they used to say. Well on my last outing the first time I really started to rapid fire every 3-4 rounds the trigger would sort of go dead. The bolt would stay in the forward position and I would have to release the trigger and on the next pull it would fire.

Another rifle with a stock milspec trigger didn't have the same issue. I swapped the uppers and the Larue lower still had the same issue. I didn't trouble shoot any further but I did write Larue and asked if they had ever heard of this problem, which was over a three day weekend. When Dan Perez of Larue replied (No) he said they had sent a new trigger in the mail and a return sticker to ship back the old one.

The new trigger has arrived but I just want to share a positive customer service story. I had only written to Larue to find out if this was normal or if there was any history of their trigger performing in such a way. I didn't expect such a fast response. Luckily I've rarely had to deal with customer service but this was amazing service in my opinion.

I installed that trigger a month ago when my factory trigger had some issues. Haven't shot it yet, but doesn't surprise me about their customer service. I have other Larue products and they have always been great.

Please let us know if the trigger is in fact the issue.
I have 3 of their triggers and I dont typically do much rapid fire shooting but certainly would like to be able to do so..

I purchased a Larue MBT trigger some months back and installed it in my Windham Weaponry AR15. I was very happy with it the few times I had taken it out but did not have a chance to really, give it the berries, as they used to say. Well on my last outing the first time I really started to rapid fire every 3-4 rounds the trigger would sort of go dead. The bolt would stay in the forward position and I would have to release the trigger and on the next pull it would fire.

Another rifle with a stock milspec trigger didn't have the same issue. I swapped the uppers and the Larue lower still had the same issue. I didn't trouble shoot any further but I did write Larue and asked if they had ever heard of this problem, which was over a three day weekend. When Dan Perez of Larue replied (No) he said they had sent a new trigger in the mail and a return sticker to ship back the old one.

The new trigger has arrived but I just want to share a positive customer service story. I had only written to Larue to find out if this was normal or if there was any history of their trigger performing in such a way. I didn't expect such a fast response. Luckily I've rarely had to deal with customer service but this was amazing service in my opinion.

Please let us know if the trigger is in fact the issue.
I have 3 of their triggers and I dont typically do much rapid fire shooting but certainly would like to be able to do so..

Right now I have 2 brand new MBT triggers still in the box. One is waiting on my AR pistol to be built and the other to be replaced and taken out which may not be until next year now. Mostly due to work. I wish we could lend out our property like in a free country but that is another topic.

I will make an update but it may not be soon. One thing the Windham rifle does have a commercial buffer tube and semi auto bolt. It shouldn't make a difference but I wonder if it can during mag dumps. I know my finger isn't faster than a FA rifle. All my other rifles have a full auto bcg. Could there be a timing issue with that lower?

hmmm this trigger sucks when bump firing it does the exact same thing.
I hope not. This rifle went from being my least favorite to my favorite when just shooting normally. Mag dumps usually aren't my thing but was just testing one day when the issue showed up.

For the price, the MBT is really a nice upgrade. It did make a dynamic change to the rifle. I didn't notice it right away but I have several rifles and once it soaked in my brain I did like the feel of the Larue trigger. My first 2 stage trigger.

Mag dumps are obviously silly, but you should be competent at quick strings of 2-6. Shots.

If you sendbit back try a guiselle GRF (speed] or G2S (2 stage precision) trigger.

The GRF is my favorite.

Mag dumps are obviously silly, but you should be competent at quick strings of 2-6. Shots.

If you sendbit back try a guiselle GRF (speed] or G2S (2 stage precision) trigger.

The GRF is my favorite.
They are expensive enough that they don't make my top ten list of things to do normally. Was just checking out the lighter trigger pull. Someone let my try their under 1 pound trigger on a bolt gun. I think you would need zero fat on your finger tip to use it properly. No play then, bang. I'm still a working stiff so blowing thru ammo and expensive triggers are out of my reach for now. I just need something to keep the kids of my lawn and have some fun every now and then.

They are expensive enough that they don't make my top ten list of things to do normally. Was just checking out the lighter trigger pull. Someone let my try their under 1 pound trigger on a bolt gun. I think you would need zero fat on your finger tip to use it properly. No play then, bang. I'm still a working stiff so blowing thru ammo and expensive triggers are out of my reach for now. I just need something to keep the kids of my lawn and have some fun every now and then.

The 2 guiselle triggers I listed can be had for 120 or less if you wait for a sale. The g2s was on sale for $100 on black Friday. They are their budget line, same trigger feel, just less QC.

Hell the G2S was packaged with their excellent charging handle on sale for $140 on black Friday. That was a screaming deal.

The 2 guiselle triggers I listed can be had for 120 or less if you wait for a sale. The g2s was on sale for $100 on black Friday. They are their budget line, same trigger feel, just less QC.

Hell the G2S was packaged with their excellent charging handle on sale for $140 on black Friday. That was a screaming deal.
Well that is a pretty substantial savings Mr. Gates. I didn't notice those when I was shopping but I think I'll be happy with what I have. I was the guy that was never going to modify his rifles. It lasted several years but now little bits and bobs have found their way onto my guns. But, I do believe they are a little bit better than stock.

Well that is a pretty substantial savings Mr. Gates. I didn't notice those when I was shopping but I think I'll be happy with what I have. I was the guy that was never going to modify his rifles. It lasted several years but now little bits and bobs have found their way onto my guns. But, I do believe they are a little bit better than stock.
I May eat a lot of Ramen, but my rifles are Gucci as bubblegum bro. :)

For what it's worth I installed the new trigger Larue sent me and put it on an AR pistol. I am having same results. I can string a few double taps and maybe 4 in a row but not consistently. I have other non standard triggers and I don't have that problem. I still like their trigger and it won't prevent me from purchasing from them again...I've just run out of guns. So there's that.

I would have Vezley or another gunsmith check the receiver for issues with the holes or pins. Did you double check your installation configuration? I have caught myself reversing springs and other minor glitches.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top