JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's the big pit close to the corrections facility. We did a clean up there last spring. They're doing a lot of construction stuff all over that area and they are using that pit. Rain has slowed down progress and now they are delayed. So, things may stay closed for a while. (The bike club is one of the trail groups who are actively involved with DNR and are working on bike trails up on the L1000 road. Also some work going on up the L1500.)

Still, there are other places to shoot up there. Simply drive around and pick a good place that looks safe.

Just don't mess up my deer hunting! Last weekend heard a full automatic machine gun on the next hill over. Must have dumped a hundred rounds in just a few seconds! This will be the last weekend + 5 more week days left in the season for general firearms deer. ;)

Not even sure where that is:rolleyes: I used to run from one end to the other years ago. We would do night runs up there every weekend when I had my jeep.

It's the big pit close to the corrections facility. We did a clean up there last spring. They're doing a lot of construction stuff all over that area and they are using that pit. Rain has slowed down progress and now they are delayed. So, things may stay closed for a while. (The bike club is one of the trail groups who are actively involved with DNR and are working on bike trails up on the L1000 road. Also some work going on up the L1500.)

Still, there are other places to shoot up there. Simply drive around and pick a good place that looks safe.

Just don't mess up my deer hunting! Last weekend heard a full automatic machine gun on the next hill over. Must have dumped a hundred rounds in just a few seconds! This will be the last weekend + 5 more week days left in the season for general firearms deer. ;)

No Not in washington, fully auto is illegal which means that no one is able to shoot them here.

Kinda sucks about the pit though. There are still tons of spots to shoot though, I thought about going in the next week or so to sight in.

AS a matter of fact, why dont you tell me where your deer spots are and I will be SURE to stay away :p

Well, what ever was going off on the 1500 road was faster than a finger can twitch.

I was mostly over on the far East side of Larch Mt. Hunted from the far South end up to Yacolt, all 3 weekends and again the last 2 days of late season. Didn't see 1 buck the whole season. Not even a tiny spike. First year hunting there so I didn't, and still don't, know where to go.

Hopefully, I can do some better scouting next summer and know where to go next year.

Bill

So it is the pit at the top of the hill on the left. Just below the gates to the antennas. Not even a pit to me but I think I may know where you are talking about.

We had a bonfire there years ago in the snow... One night when the freezing rain hit that hill was a great place to watch the carnage.....

I am sure they were just trying to scare the deer to you

If signs are down and equipment is gone, should be okay. (Until Officier Essman says otherwise!) A lot of the construction stuff is done for the winter. Still watch out for signs and any other construction activity. There still may be some trail work by local clubs here and there up the roads.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews