Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Lane County CHL

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by Foreverlost, May 4, 2016.

1. Foreverlost

Foreverlost South of LesbianVille, OR. Active Member

Just left $50 US dollarettes at the Sheriff's office. The appointment via the internet went well and timely.

The plastic license is different this time, "Red" border along the top edge. Does the color of the border signify anything?

PS: I don't recognize the person in the mug shot.

Foreverlost,

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

You have to be interviewed for a CHL?????? Why??? WTH!!!o_O

3. Foreverlost

No interview! But one must schedule a time slot, bring paperwork, & money. There is a Walk in Wednesday, have fun waiting in line!

The person behind the glass takes a good look at one's ID and current CHL to make sure, it is you.

I did the web thingy and scheduled that transaction. In & Out took 20 minutes.

Back to the "RED" border.......................

Foreverlost,

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If its any help I picked up my renewal in about 10-12 min in Marion County after showing up almost 1/2 hour early for my on line appointment.

My CHL has no border what so ever just a plain white background with the only color being the License number and the expiration date as well as the Sheriffs badge in the middle and of course my ugly mug.

I don't think I have ever had a border on any of my CHL's and that would go back to 91 when I got it for the first time.

5. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

As far as I know, you can walk in any time, any day of the week for a renewal or transfer in Lane County. I walked in on a weekday morning and was out in less than an hour with a shiny new Lane County CHL. Mine has a red strip across the top.

6. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

That's a load o' crap @Mark W. I've seen your mug, and it's not THAT ugly. :D

7. Foreverlost

ZZZ, thanks for the info!:)

For a moment there I thought the "Red" strip was something I might have to explain to Saint Peter. Still time to change my ways. :rolleyes:

Foreverlost,

ZigZagZeke likes this.
  8. watermerc

watermerc Eugene, OR Member

When you open your wallet the officer can see the red stripe along the top of your CHL in the credit card slots.