JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was just on Facebook. Yeah I know,but it's just for classifieds. But the state road crews get on there to tell us what's happening and what roads are impassible.
Seems the North fork road has 24....24 slides!:eek: That's rock snow and debris.
They actually had to send up a helicopter to make sure no one was stuck in between slides.
It's gunna be a mess out there this spring. Sooo much wet hills and here at least,frozen ground thawing out:eek: (I can use this guy lots here)Rocks falling all over. Today I was watching a hill side as I drove by to see if something was coming down. And there was , just little stuff.
And? you ask
Suppose you were out for a nice drive in the hills. Oops! A mud slide. Oh well we'll turn around,long drive but we have to. Oh no! We're stuck:eek:
Y'all get where I'm going now.
Did you bring food and blankets to stay the night? Got cell coverage here?
Maybe shovels? Rain gear?
You know it's still February and could sink into the teens or lower tonight,right?
OK what's in your walle.. trunk ,I meant:D
Just keep an eye out and remember what roads could be blocked. Check traffic cams if possible.
Good luck out there
Mike

Yup. Most of my family worked for ODOT at one time or another when it was the "highway dept." - I was the only one who didn't. One still does. It was common when I was a kid for my dad to get called out in the winter for slides - mostly in the coastal range.

There were two slides on 26 on the east side of the zoo the week before this last. Caused havoc.

I had 7 inches of rain this week so far, and two of those were in one 24 hour period.

No slides I know of on my mountain though.

I am prepared for it - I think.

Avalanches are worse, but I generally do not go up in the Cascades in the winter anymore.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top