JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ya. I for one got a BS charge and after 2 years of fighting just gave in becasue of all the money and energy it took to fight it. Sometimes they just wear you down. Mostly becasue we all pay the wages of the people fighting against us. So are they gonna go back and strip everybody else if they get rumors about it? Heck I think I heard someone say they heard that Babe Ruth drank tons of beer the night before games. So did the yeast make him better? Strip him of all of his titles. How about David when he went against Goliath? I heard he had some bread the day before, There you go again yeast. And it has been proven to enhance performance so lets strip him out of the bible.

I mean come on I dont care what he was taking if its not proven he is innocent. Its just another Witch Hunt.

Didn't he pass every drug test thrown at him for most of a decade? How can they now say what he was on then?

I don't care much about the sport but the guy dedicated years to training and racing and they come along seven years later and strip away his titles without releasing any evidence?

Didn't he pass every drug test thrown at him for most of a decade? How can they now say what he was on then?

I don't care much about the sport but the guy dedicated years to training and racing and they come along seven years later and strip away his titles without releasing any evidence?

Eye witnesses and newer testing procedures.

The guy passed over 500 RANDOM drug tests during his carreer. He is likely the most drug tested person on the planet by a large margin. We are talking 6am on a Sat "knock knock, piss in this cup or you are banned.." even approaching him on an evening out in a restaurant and making him give a sample, and he passed it every time.

Plane and simple they just could not believe he was clean so they hounded, accused, tested and harassed him to the point he gave up. I am willing to bet he has spent as much in legal fees the last few years defending against these claims as he ever earned in endorsements from winning..

True dat. Lance isn't making the money he used to. Paying a legal team to try to clear his name requires new wins and new backers - not just savings, ebbing residuals and reputation.

Given my own mortal career patterns, I can relate. An attorney once talked me into settling a matter out of court, explaining "Dude, you can't afford to WIN!"

LA is in a sad, unenviable situation. Clean or dirty, whatever everyone decides to believe about a superhuman athlete who dominated bicycling for a long time, some will have it right and some will have it wrong.

Why would they lie about something like that instead of just admitting his being better than them?? That just makes no sense, all those passed UA's must have just been coincidence and luck........

I was an avid cyclist and myself wonder at his ability, but I have also researched and followed what he has gone thru.

The other cyclists turned on him because they were getting deals to lessen their own sanctions for getting caught that's why. Landis failed a test and started a huge brew-haha, this was AFTER lance retired. Then he pulled Lance into it hoping to get the heat taken off and reduced penalties...

No way coincidence and luck can get you thru 500 tests without a single fail. Just not possible given the randomness they used.

The other cyclists turned on him because they were getting deals to lessen their own sanctions for getting caught that's why.

No way coincidence and luck can get you thru 500 tests without a single fail. Just not possible given the randomness they used.

I used to be a huge defender of Lance's, but the evidence is just becoming overwhelming. He knows that too.

One of his "accusers" and an early one at that was the wife of Frankie Andreu. She has sworn under oath that, when Lance was first diagnosed with cancer, she was present when the doctor was asking what medications he had taken in the past. He listed a bunch for the doctor -- including EPO.

As for the drug tests, a really smart doper (and Lance is one clever dude) can stay ahead of the technology in the testing by understanding how it works and setting the methods and timing of the doping accordingly. It's much harder now, but it seems entirely plausible to me that Lance was just a smarter doper than those who got caught. We'll never know how many doped, were tested, and never got caught.

Finally, Landis (Mr. Guilty) went through the charade of contesting the charges against him all the way to the end, was banned, THEN admitted that he doped. Why would Lance allow 7 TdeF titles to be stripped if he were innocent? Wouldn't he of all people be determined to go down swinging if he did nothing wrong?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top