JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wouldn't he of all people be determined to go down swinging if he did nothing wrong?

Obviously you have never been in involved in a long and obtuse legal battle.

There's no such thing as going down swinging. In reality you're only going to accomplish "going down" writing checks till your bank account is empty and your fingers no longer function.

Truth is, when someone has made it their sole duty and career to go after Armstrong, the only way to win is to take away their target. By doing this, Armstrong will save himself tens of millions of dollars and countless hours of his retirement. I say good for him.

Doesn't matter to me if he "doped" or not. Doesn't matter to me if they strip his medals or not- they're not worth the ad-revenue they generated.

Stop putting athletes on pedestals. They're people, and if you put a person in a situation where winning is worth millions, they'll do anything to win.

Spectator sports are no different than Price is Right or even Big Brother (is that show still on?)- it's just some crap to put on a TV to entertain people enough to sit through commercials. It's bubbleguming entertainment, nothing more.

Doesn't matter to me if he "doped" or not. Doesn't matter to me if they strip his medals or not- they're not worth the ad-revenue they generated.

Stop putting athletes on pedestals. They're people, and if you put a person in a situation where winning is worth millions, they'll do anything to win.

Spectator sports are no different than Price is Right or even Big Brother (is that show still on?)- it's just some crap to put on a TV to entertain people enough to sit through commercials. It's bubbleguming entertainment, nothing more.

Amen.

It's not a matter of putting athletes on a pedistal imo. I think it's more that this guy has proven himself to be an upstanding person who has passed God knows how many random piss tests and people still harrass him about it. The fact is he won. People don't like it. The guy has pushed himself and fought back through odds that would make most people quit.

I support him and I'm happy he did what he did with this.

It's not a matter of putting athletes on a pedistal imo. I think it's more that this guy has proven himself to be an upstanding person who has passed God knows how many random piss tests and people still harrass him about it. The fact is he won. People don't like it. The guy has pushed himself and fought back through odds that would make most people quit.

I support him and I'm happy he did what he did with this.

I'm not going to get into this debate any farther than this post.

But no, he did NOT prove himself. He successfully beat the system for over a decade, just as did all his fellow top-cyclists-of-the-day. Cheating technology exceeded testing technology, at the time- there's more money in winning than in detecting cheating.

But they've gone back and re-tested his samples- BLIND tested, mind you- with current technology... I'm afraid he failed. Big surprise.

I'm not going to get into this debate any farther than this post.

But no, he did NOT prove himself. He successfully beat the system for over a decade, just as did all his fellow top-cyclists-of-the-day. Cheating technology exceeded testing technology, at the time- there's more money in winning than in detecting cheating.

But they've gone back and re-tested his samples- BLIND tested, mind you- with current technology... I'm afraid he failed. Big surprise.

Hey whatever floats your boat. I disagree completely with you. Lets leave it at that eh?

Until I see evidence, without a shadow of a doubt, that he is guilty, I am going to choose to believe that he is an upstanding athlete who has done nothing wrong.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top