Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Knoxx stock?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by 82nd Infidel, Nov 4, 2011.

1. 82nd Infidel

82nd Infidel Gladstone,Or. Member

Anyone have experience using one of these shotgun stocks?
    Supposed to really reduce felt recoil.
    Is it real/Is it hype?
    Thanks.

2. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

Nutnfancy has a video on youtube you should check out. He shows the stock failing and talk about how it worked before it failed.

3. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

I used to have one on my 870 clone. It really did cut down recoil with buckshot, but did even better with slugs. With regular bird shot, it felt the same as a regular stock. I eventually sold mine though because I started to prefer the look of a stock 870.

4. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Be careful - Knoxx makes two that look the same, but only the pricier one has the springs inside it. I really can tell the difference - I liked it so much I got another, so both the Mossys are sporting them now.

5. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

It works, you can feel the difference, but it is not earth shattering.

6. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

There are Knoxx stock copies around, Chinese knock offs. The Genuine Knoxx stock works very well, especially well with 3" slugs.
    18-1158-IMG2_L.jpg

Makes a 3" 12ga slug feel like a 12ga game load.

remmy.jpg
    Don't put all this crap on your shot gun, it gets heavy real quick.

7. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

though it looks a little unorthodox, pistol version works wonderfully with buck and slugs

idg02f.jpg

8. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bother with it, just shoot more. :p

9. madcratebuilder

I would love to shoot that pistol.

10. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

Had a Knoxx stock on the Mossy 500. Could not feel the difference in recoil shooting it side by side with a stock 500. What they claim on their site is pure BS. No way in **** it reduces recoil that much. Sold mine to another member here.

11. madcratebuilder

Maybe you had a knock off or you were comparing recoil using game loads. There is a major difference with 3" slugs.

12. unionguy

unionguy Portland Active Member

I notice the difference with mine, on an 870.

13. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

14. Krinkov Ghostmaker

Krinkov Ghostmaker Tigard, Oregon Member

15. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

I doubt it was a knock off. It came in a BlackHawk package and purchased from a reputable dealer. Tried all loads through the shotgun. If I was only shooting low brass target loads, I wouldn't have bothered with the stock. I have shot everything from low brass to full 3" magnum loads. No difference from what I can tell. I would suggest people to go with a Limb Saver pad and save the money unless they need an adjustable stock.

16. EagleEyeEOD

EagleEyeEOD Pacific NW Member

I have one of the older ones actually made by Knoxx. My first introduction to the stock was at a SWAT training day. One of their reps made it out and then fired an 870 with his shoulder backed against a pressure treated 6X6. Shooting 00 buck from the sternum was his ridiculous finale. I will say that there is a noticeable difference on my 870, enough that my wife is no longer afraid of firing it. I know that Knoxx was purchased by Blackhawk and have not kept track of the production or quality since the sell. I also added the power Pak, which helped balance the weight of the shotgun.

On a side note: if you have a foregrip or anything that you secure you off hand(lighting system) to while shooting, it takes a little getting used to. As the stock collapses onto itself the fore-end remains solid and can jolt your off-hand.