JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i got a like new kimber micro 9 yesterday, the previous owner said it has about 20 rounds through it.
I took it out and fired a box of sig hollow points through it.
It kept failing to extract, failing to feed, dropping the magazine out, just being a general P.O.S, im wondering what i should do, and if anyone else has had this problem.

Do you know the schedule for speed steel at the Nampa rod and gun club?

Planing a trip to Nampa to see my son and wanted to shoot a match while I'm in town.

Mine ran fine with the exception of I kept flipping the safety on under recoil. Common issue with these is our hands ride the slide and cause failures. My grip caused errors were greatly reduced as well once I added a Hogue wrap around and ditched the Crimson Trace.

Adjust your grip.

Try left handed.

I only have about 60 rounds through mine. 115gr factory, 124 factory, 124 reloads and 147 reloads.

Last Edited:
It kept failing to extract, failing to feed, dropping the magazine out, just being a general P.O.S, im wondering what i should do, and if anyone else has had this problem.

give it about 100 to 200rds of break in with FMJ only. Keep it well lubed in the process. If it still has issues after that, send it in under warranty.

When Sig came out with their P938 early production runs had same issues they worked out. Mine took 2 trips to the factory under warranty ended up replacing the barrel... very frustrating but all for free. Now it eats anything all day long and holds its own against its full size counterparts, very accurate pistol.

Some good advice already given, I'll chime in as I've a Micro 9...

Cleaned and lubed will be your friend.
Clean your magazines as well.

Try a variety of ammo, it might have a preference for one over the other. My example doesn't seem to care what ammo, even eats my reloads without an issue.

Ensure a firm grip, this Kimber wants to be held firmly. Less than a firm grip caused failure to feed and failure to extract issues for me. Holding on tight seemed to correct that for me...

YMMV

Clean your magazines as well.
yes, this especially for a gun that is carried in a pocket and especially if you carry a spare mag in a pocket. Lint will collect often, clean the gun and mags at least once a month if you carry this way. I have had pocket carried mags not function at the range. Found the OEM used a grease on the follower and springs and just collected lint like crazy, also had to wipe down the rounds they can get "sticky". Cleaned and scrubbed everything and inside the mag with a toothbrush with solvent only and wiped a dry rag in there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top