JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here have a Kimber Micro .380? It's been awhile since they've been released and wonder if any owners have encountered any problems. Gorgeous pistols...

Kimber-380-1.jpg

kimbermicroraptorstainless.jpg

Kimber-380-1.jpg

kimbermicroraptorstainless.jpg

A wild number of responses. I too think the Micro series to be very pretty. I'm just 380 poor at the moment and the Browning 1911 380 has first on the waiting list for me. With seven 380's on hand, I'm just going to have to pass.

I have one but haven't been able to shoot it much. Got it from a member of this forum and he neglected to mention that the front sight was loose in the dovetail. It looked good when I bought it but promptly fell off the first time I shot it. My first Kimber, may be my last.

The sights appear to be factory so even used I wouldn't expect to have problems from a company with a higher end production reputation. Still haven't had time to address the issue, just use my Colt in the interim.

My neighbor picked one up used, and had to send it back to Kimber. It would FTF and FTE About 3 times per magazine. He had me try a few mags just to eliminate the shooter. Still had trouble running, so he sent it in. 2 weeks later we went back out to try and it worked just fine, but he wasn't comfortable with the pistol anymore. It's a shame really, beautiful gun, but had terrible problems and an odd trigger.

Sad to hear :/

My Kimber Pro TLE II had FTF issues which has since been fixed. At this point, thousands of rounds later with no problems, I feel comfortable carrying it.

--------------------------------------------------
Proud member and supporter of

Oregon Firearms Federation
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
National Rifle Association

I am by no means a Kimber hater like some out there. Both my neighbor and I have Kimbers that we love and haven't had any issues with, they are 1911 style guns however. As good looking as the Micro is, it won't ever be in my collection. I think Sig offers a better gun in the p238/p938 for less money.

We have a few Kimbers and have had minor problems with only one of them. As for their customer service, I found it to be outstanding! The problem was not on the Micro. That little gun has run flawlessly since we bought it. Granted, it doesn't get a lot of use, but we do have over 500 rounds thru it with out any issues. I would encourage anyone who has an issue with a Kimber to give them a shot at fixing it before bashing the manufacturer as a whole. Just saying, they build a lot of guns and things do get by quality sometimes. I had to send an Ed Brown back to them for a quality issue. They fixed it lickity split, as did Kimber, and I am happy with both. WeI still own the Micro, but I kinda lost it to my wife! She likes the size and carries it often. We also have a Sig 938, and have shot the Sig 238. We prefer the Kimber, and while it can be bought right, it's still more moolah than the Sigs. It's all preference at that point.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews