JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Kimber Custom II or SA 1911A1 Loaded

• Kimber Custom II

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • SA 1911A1 Loaded

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
Reactions
Which do you think is a better mid priced basic 1911? I've seen the Kimber Cusom II for less than $700 (before tax) locally. I've heard that the newer Kimbers are not the same quality of the earlier models and that they have the Swartz type firing pin safety. I've only owned Colts & Springfields in the past, but I'm willing to expand my horizons.

I have a Kimber Custom II Raptor. I love it!!! It has preformed flawlessly, even with its factory clips.

I was going to buy a Springfield Loaded PX9151LP model. I heard nothing but great reviews about them.

I would buy either one.

I bought the Kimber because of the deal I got.

Less them $700? That's a better deal them mine.

Howard

Always a toss-up. I give the Kimber the nod, I always try to go with American made. I own a couple of Kimbers. Step one, buy Kimber. Step two, give the
magazine away and replace with Wilson Combat. Step 3, replace the plastic part with a speed-chute.

Great choice! I owned one and it was by far my favorite gun I've ever owned. The stupid firing pin safety makes it a pain to take down but when it comes to shooting-dead on accurate and not a single malfunction ever! I also didn't care for the plastic mainspring housing but oh well. Enjoy that new quality firearm! I had a Springfield mil-spec before that but when I first bought it the sights were installed horribly and were almost hanging off the other side so I lost some confidence with Springfield on that note. My advice to you is to go buy 500 rounds of .45 (from NW AMMO SUPPLY) and get some good practice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top