JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, a friend of mine invited me to go over to the Kershaw factory in December as it appears they are having a sale of some sort? I have never been over to it and don't know much about it. Any word about it? Is it worth the trip over? Need some intel please.....

Thanks...

I have actually heard good things about this sale. You can get the knives for a really good price 50% off or better. I have never been myself I worked for Benchmade too long to want Kershaw stuff guess im A knife snob.

I go every year. You can buy some nice knifes cheap. Last year they had there CZT for $60 and nice Shun kitchen knifes at about 50% off.
I don't know why I go anymore I have enough knifes to last me a life time and it usually takes a 1/2 hour of standing in line to pay for things.

I love kershaw knives and they love slicing my flesh. I slit 2 knuckes and my slice a piece off my thumb and did not know it until I saw blood dripping
i owe my wife a Portland trip.

I love kershaw knives and they love slicing my flesh. I slit 2 knuckes and my slice a piece off my thumb and did not know it until I saw blood dripping
i owe my wife a Portland trip.
I also worked at Leatherman for 9 years and at the end of my employment I was a Sharpener whenever I heard of someone getting cut with their Leatherman I said cool another satisfied customer.

Most of the knives they sell are typically blemished models. A tiny scratch on the blade, a little chip in the finish, etc. I've had dozens and many I've never been able to find the blemish on. They do also sell discontinued models. Last year they had the discontinued Zero Tolerance 0121 for I think $125 which is about half MSRP. The ZT models go fast though. The blem models are functionally just fine but do not carry the full warranty or have free sharpening included. Non-blem US made knives are generally in pretty short supply though although some stuff always seems to appear. They've had a huge number of the Needs Work model in many different colored handles.

They do typically have mountains of their imported knives brand new in packaging at incredible deals. The Wally-World type stuff that normally sells at $30-35 sells for $10-15. I think they had Kershaw Cryo's for $15 and they normally sell around $40.

The Shun line of kitchen knives seems to have a lot more turn over from year to year where models are only made for a year just like cars where some models like the Leek and Blur have been around for over a decade.
This means that they have almost half the factory floor set aside for Shun and kitchen knife sales. The Pure Komachi knives are inexpensive but I think one of the best values ever if you just want some basic knives. Last year they had a huge number of these.

I've camped out for 18 hours before and should have been first in line. The first 10 or so get a free knife, worth around $200-250. I've also showed up at 4 in the morning and had to wait 7 hours in line. Sometimes you can swing by on a Saturday and the line is maybe 10-15 minutes and then a half hour later it is suddenly a 2 hour line. Sundays are typically the best with the line almost never more than a half hour wait. Last year they rearranged things so that traffic flows through much better and the wait time to get in decreased significantly. The lines to checkout can sometimes be long though but aren't terrible.

What you'll see there and the deals varies from year to year. They don't usually post the discontinued list because they wan't to allow retailers to continue to sell without customers sitting and waiting hoping the price will drop.

Here is a photo of the inside from I think last year. They have a bunch of photos of the line and inside the warehouse during the sale on their facebook page.
8FD03523-52D5-46C3-9199-63992E0A0A69-17814-000004C1BA9E1571.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads