JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Worst shop I have ever been to. Went in there to find a benelli, they told me a few days earlier that they had plenty in black and wouldnt sell out soon. When I got there at first I had to wait 15 minutes to get someones attention, there was no black M4 on the shelf, but their computer said they had one, so he looked around in the store, then across the street in their "storage". He came back 30 minutes later with no gun. So my only option was the camo finish. So I proceeded to go outside and call around to see if there were any benelli dealers around.

With no such luck of finding anyone else, I made the decision to go back inside and ask about special ordering one. Their reply was "Oh yeah we already ordered some", and when asked when they would be here; "sometime 1st quarter next year", so when I make a comment about how that could be anywhere from january to the end of march, he got all defensive. So with no guarantee of actually getting a gun the next time they came in, and with no guarantee on the next price, I decided to buy one now.

So when I decided to get one the clerk says; "Well I dont want to give you the one off the shelf because then I'd have to box it all back up, I'll get one from storage."

So probably about 20 minutes pass, and I'm passing the time by browsing the store, all the while there are no employees asking if I need help with anything that I was looking at. And then I look at the front desk, and the guy that was helping is on the phone, just chatting it up, with no gun.

So finally he gets off the phone and goes across the street, but not before someone asks for some ammo that is over there as well. Then probably about an hour later he returns with the gun, and the other persons ammo. So finally I can pay do a background and get out of there, all in all it took me over 3 hours to get a gun that should of taken about 30-45 minutes.

On a side note, while I was in there waiting, I could watch how their employees acted. For one, they all seemed on some sort of drugs, no one was alert, and everyone mumbled. When asked simple questions by a customer most had no answer, so I had to pitch in and answer their questions myself. When I decided to ask one employee what .50 bmg ammo they carried, he didn't know what that was. The entire time, the woman up front tried to convince everyone that they needed to buy a used handgun now because they would be sold at the next weekend's show, and another guy spent 45 minutes trying to push a 5.7 upper on a guy that wasn't interested at all, and who had asked what .223 uppers they had.

All in all, this is the second time I have had horrible experience with them (first being at a show), the ONLY reason I went there was because no one else had benellis. So now I am NEVER going back, and I suggest you do the same.

If you want a gun at a good price with no hassle and great customer service, go through one of our FFLs on here (coctailer, elcid, ect) or go to philomath. (or whatever other shop may be your favorite)

I think what places like Keith's need are bar stools. When you're finished browsing and want to get serious, you have a seat in front of your choice and they'll home in on you. I'm sure it gets frustrating for a salesperson to go to browser after browser, getting a "just looking", then get complaints about no help when the browsers are ready but don't speak up. Every place has its own personality and doesn't work for everyone.

I know this doesn't address being virtually ignored, which I've seen there more than once, but I've also been in there when I felt everyone got plenty of attention also. Makes you wonder.

I've bought at least 6 of my guns from Kieth's, both at their store and at the show.

My personal experience is that they diffently are not a 'warm & fuzzy' bunch.

I've found it best to do your 'homework' and know what you want before you see them. Find what ya want. Get a salesperson to get it. Fill out the forms, give them the money. Take your gun and leave.

It's not a very good place to go for 'questions and answers', but a good place to buy. A big part of it, I think, is that they are just so damn busy all the time, at both the store and at the shows.

I gave them a 3.

Frog.

Great price and selection; service quality is based on how busy they are. When its slow there (not usually) they spend more time and are more courteous, but normally they're running full bore so have little time. I've bought several firearms from them, both in store and at the shows. I like them a lot.

I gave them a 4. If I ever needed a question answered they seemed to have the answer while I was there. If I asked to buy ammo or something cheap... wow not much help. Anytime I have bought a firearm or receiver there I have been treated nicely and had fast service, its only when I am buying ammo(only twice because I happened to be getting other things) did they go a little slow and were not helpful.
I have bought 3 guns from them and my roommate has bought one gun from them.

And +1 for their prices, I don't make enough to worry about spending a few extra minutes to save a ton of money lol.

I gave them a big fat 1! I tried to talk to them at a show....notice I said try. After asking if they were taking any trades...took 20 minutes for my answer of..you will have to go to the shop for that. So I am looking to buy a GSG5 which they had 2 of. Price tag is for $560! I ask a guy if they will come down in price to be competitive at $499...he laughed and said the price on there is what you can pay...I politely said perfect I will go across the same isle and buy one from an out of town place for $499 and buy a pistol from them as well. I don't understand how their prices are considered so good. It was almost as if they thought there was no other vendors around.

I've bought at least 6 of my guns from Kieth's, both at their store and at the show.

My personal experience is that they diffently are not a 'warm & fuzzy' bunch.

I've found it best to do your 'homework' and know what you want before you see them. Find what ya want. Get a salesperson to get it. Fill out the forms, give them the money. Take your gun and leave.

It's not a very good place to go for 'questions and answers', but a good place to buy. A big part of it, I think, is that they are just so damn busy all the time, at both the store and at the shows.

I gave them a 3.

Frog.

That pretty much sums up my view on Keith's. I've been to the store a couple of times, and I always go by their table at the gun show. Generally their prices are reasonable, but they're at the show to sell - not trade - not talk - not do anything but move product, but man do they have a lot of product!

I have to add my name to the list of people that have received very poor service from Keith's.

I started rebuilding my collection a few years ago and Keith's was one of the first places I found. The service was by no means "friendly." They seem to have no real time for you until after you say "I will take it."

Keith, the owner, is a fairly nice guy but he is always too preoccupied with the next gunshow to give much attention to the in-store customers. His wife is a nice lady and has given me the only good customer care I have received there. The heavyset younger guy that works there is just rude and unfriendly. The other guys and gals that work there range from indifferent to just rude.

I bought a few guns and rifles from them before I discovered "The Gun Broker" out in Clackamas. They are friendly and helpful and care about the customer in the store and not the ones on the internet or at the gunshows since they do not get involved in such dealings. Their prices are usually within $5-$10 of Keith's prices and the extra service is well worth it. Sometimes the prices are the same and others they are even cheaper. They also tend to have a better used collection. Since then I have only bought one gun from Keith's and that was at a gunshow.

I have bought from them in the past , their biggest PRO is the selection , cons are the impatient attitudes . but with all the people all day and all the million questions i can see how it would get real old real quick .
I think Keith lied to my face once when i went in and asked about a ParaOrdnance 1911 i had got thru a trade . I asked how much it might be worth cause i had no idea , so he takes a quick look at it and tells me they go for about $400 new . I says ok , just asking , bought a holster for it and left ,when i looked around i see them listed for 8-900 new all over . I sold it online for $500 easily .

I think Keith lied to my face once when i went in and asked about a ParaOrdnance 1911
Keith lies to a lot of people about the value of a lot of trades. I had him tell me my Springfield Armory Loaded Champion was worth about $350 because Springfields were cheap Colt clones. One of his employees also told me Seecamps had little trade value because people do not trust such small guns.

Probably the widest selection in the area. I always widow shop on PDX G-shows. Always treat me well. I got a Yugo SKS and a SA 1911A1 about a year ago. I find pricing very competitive, even with online retailers. My only gripe was the sold me 2 Wilson Combat 9-rd mags that would not work on it. They should have known SA 1911 are finicky with many 8rd mags and at $30 a pop I was not happy. That is why I can give them more than a 4.

I bought a xd45 tactical for 510 at the gun show, brand new two tone, he's very straight forward and so are the staff which seems to be family related. He's recommended by LEs in Portland, but i'm sure theres a different story behind that.

Although I have responded to this thread before, I feel compelled to respond once again since my last visit of a couple of months ago.

I found a used gun that was priced right and that I kinda sorta wanted. And I felt it was time to treat myself. I was waited upon by one of the Keith's boys and everything was going fine. Did the background check, etc. wrote out the check, produced the usual id's, as I have a couple of times in the past with absolutely no problems.

Keith himself comes over, butts in, and asked if I have a "check guarantee card". I do not. He then feels compelled to explain to me about the legal implications of writing a bad check for a firearms purchase in an unbelievably haughty tone. And I feel like I am being treated in a manner reserved for low-life. Bear in mind that I am 95% through the process and, at this point, I simply want to get out of door and I know that I am getting steamed and I know even more that I need to mind my manners and act appropriately. And, for the record, I happen to have had five times the purchase amount in that particular account at the time.

I will not be intimidated or lectured to by anyone taking my money. When you take my money, you are working for me. And that's the way the world works. And the world includes you, Keith.

I simply ask him whether he intends to take my check or not. And then I shut up and wait for his response. (And I am completely willing and ready to take my check back and walk). From my (polite but definitely firm) demeanor, I think he senses that, backs down, accepts the check and I leave with the purchase.

As a result of this experience, I will never, ever, enter Keith's store again.

If there is a consistent theme to this and to other threads in this section, it is that the buying public wishes to be treated with courtesy and with respect. I write this post in the hope that Keith and other shop owners get at least somewhat enlightened as to what success in business is really all about. But I don't have high hopes.

bought about 20 from him. always a good place to shop. he backs up his used stuff. my only complaint is with Keith, one minute very freindly, calls you by your first name, the next day acts like he never met you and doesn't care to.

that being said, customer service is secondary when price and selection is good.

I could not disagree more. Why should I give my money to an a** who does not appreciate my business just to save 1-2% on a firearm?

I'm the same, there are a lot of companies that I will not work with because of lack of customer service - And there are also some companies that have made a lot of money off of the business that I work for because they provide good customer service. There are some cases where it IS all about price for me though.

It all depends on what your motivating factors are...
For some the motivating factor is only about price.

Gotta go with what works for you :cool:

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top