JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, you all brought up that younger fellow. He should be commended for his excellent service, as he is the reason we seem to have purchased weapons, if anything.

You are speaking of Brian, and unfortunately he no longer works there regularly. He just works occasionally to help them out... But I do agree Brian is a super friendly and helpful cat and always seems to try to put customers first.

I haven't been to their actual shop yet, but I bought a gun from them recently at the Portland gun show, and will be going up to Portland next week to most likely buy from them again.

Granted, customer service at gun shows is usually going to be a lot worse than at a shop, so the fact that everyone at their table seemed like an angry, uptight douchebag doesn't bother me.

Their prices and selections more than make up for their lousy service IMO. Some of the guns at the show they had were priced $150 less than at some of the shops I've been to in Eugene and Roseburg, and they had more stuff on their tables at the Portland show, than the ENTIRE gun show in Coos Bay has altogether.

Ive had nothing but problems with that &^%* Hole!
Bought a brand new rifle, firing pin broke, took it to them, they told me they could do anything, and that I should probably call the company and that they were to busy to inspect the rifle.
Bought a Springfield 1911 from them, darn thing couldnt print on paper, I had to send it back to Springfield, after another enriching conversation with Keith...
Their knowledge of firearms is beyond horrible, and the fact ive heard stories theyve told folks about other shops just appalled me, the BS they introduce into our community is incredible, just a horrible place to buy a firearm.

Pricing is really good service is less than average. If I am buying something specific I usually will just do all my research online and just go pick it up from them.

I agree, they do SUCK and I know many people who will not go back. They are idot's and customer service sucks. I will pay more if service is great. All you have to do is Google their name and look at all the comments. Plus when I saw him at the last gun show they had marked up all their guns another 200 or 300 dollars. They should join forces with the Gun Room and Keith and Warren could show the definition of terrible service. If they were the only 2 guns stores here I would drive to another state or buy all online. Stay away...............

It just amazes me at how many gun owners have symptoms similar to "battered wife syndrome." They admit to horrible treatment from Keith and his employees but continue to go back to save 2-3% on a firearm. That makes no sense to me. Is anyone's self image so low that you would tolerate such abuse for a few dollars? It is like saying "I know my husband hits me, but he is a good provider."

It just amazes me at how many gun owners have symptoms similar to "battered wife syndrome." They admit to horrible treatment from Keith and his employees but continue to go back to save 2-3% on a firearm. That makes no sense to me. Is anyone's self image so low that you would tolerate such abuse for a few dollars? It is like saying "I know my husband hits me, but he is a good provider."
It depends on what you consider abuse. If they are insulting or talk down to you that is abuse and I don't do business from people like that, on the other hand there are attention wh*res that get offended that they aren't waited on hand and foot and perceive this as a slight. Myself I know what I want, who has it and what price before I leave to the store and I go to buy, if the store is busy I will either wait my turn or comeback when it's not, I don't get mad at a dealer for something that is not possible to control.

By all means if Keith's treats anyone like an azz tell them what you think, I've called the guy at the Gunroom an azzhole and won't shop there no matter what the price.

I stopped at their table at the Portland gun show this weekend, and had an experience I figured I would share.

I stepped up to the table to look at the p2000 and p2000sk, and compare them side by side.

I asked the tenant, "Could you show me both of these, I'd like to compare because I'm having a hard time making up my mind."

This boy replies in a condescending tone, "They're both next to each other."

I say, "Well, I'd like to handle them without the tether if that's alright with you."
.."Also, could I handle them with the magazines as well?" (I have had no trouble with this in the past)

He stops removing the pistols from the tether, and says, "No, I can't take the magazine out."

I reply, surprised, "Well, at least the p2000SK, because I recall the magazine being an important part of the weapon, considering it has a finger rest."

"No, that shouldn't make a difference."

I reply, "...actually, that's my dilemma, I'm not sure if it's sufficient, and I'd like to compare them or I won't know which to purchase."

"Not really, I don't see how putting the mag in changes that."

I place my hand down hard on the box and stare him down, "Thanks for your help."

I hear him in the background mutter something like, "wait.." or, "hold on.."

I have never had them refuse to let me compare with the magazine before, and I was highly offended. How do they expect to sell compact pistols?

I have always been treated shabbily at Keith's tables at gunshows too. It feels like the staff there are on some kind of "punishment detail" and just don't WANT to be there, so they try to repell potential buyers.

But in fairness, Gunshow rules strictly prohibit magazines to for-sale guns even being on the table, EVER. Guns that take magazines are supposed to be zip-tied to prevent a magazine even being inserted. The reason for this is that across the country there have been several instances of anti-gun saboteurs and various nutcases bringing in their own loaded magazines to cause a disaster. This is not an urban myth; it has really happened....................elsullo :(

Man, markw76, that is a darling baby you have for your avitar! Kinda looks like a little Winston Churchill!! Cute!!

As far as Kieths goes, I just dont like their attitude, their customer service kinda stinks. But on the other hand, Ive purchased many guns from them, and accessories over the years, and probably had as many good experiences as bad. Kieth is a pretty nice guy, my Mom went to highschool with him and she knows him pretty well. There are two or three of the guys in there that are cool, but a few that make you want to take your business elsewhere. All in all, they usually have good pricing on most stuff, so that keeps me coming back. I hope that barely enough people write off Kieths, that it doesnt hurt their business, but just enough to keep the stuff I want in stock!!

CharlesAFerg,

Thanks for sharing your story. I will not be doing any more business with them
after the way you were treated! :angry: At the show on Sun., I was very close to buying a G17L, or one of the two 1st Gen. 17's that he had, but it was more of a want, not a need, so I passed. Now I'm glad I didn't give those A-holes any of my money. :s0154:

I have always been treated shabbily at Keith's tables at gunshows too. It feels like the staff there are on some kind of "punishment detail" and just don't WANT to be there, so they try to repell potential buyers.

But in fairness, Gunshow rules strictly prohibit magazines to for-sale guns even being on the table, EVER. Guns that take magazines are supposed to be zip-tied to prevent a magazine even being inserted. The reason for this is that across the country there have been several instances of anti-gun saboteurs and various nutcases bringing in their own loaded magazines to cause a disaster. This is not an urban myth; it has really happened....................elsullo :(

I figured that this may be the case. I still don't see how some idiot could pass a rule like this, when the solution would be to just have a supervisor come and insert the magazine for you, while watching the entire time.

Is this a new rule? Of the few years that I've been attending the Portland shows, this is the first time that I've even heard of it, and I heard of it a few times during this show. I'm not joking, it really is the first time that I've ever heard of this.

CharlesAFerg,

Was it the kind of chubby, clean shaven kid? When I was at the table I heard him keep making fun of people that asked questions after they would leave. He was being a total jerk.

Yes! I'm glad I eyed him down. Do you recall what he said?

I must admit, the other younger guy who wasn't chubby, was quite helpful and I really appreciated his help comparing the weapons.

Most of the guys that work at Keith's don't get paid much and really hate their jobs so if you get one of those guys you will have a bad experiance otherwise they do a pretty good job.

Yes! I'm glad I eyed him down. Do you recall what he said?

I must admit, the other younger guy who wasn't chubby, was quite helpful and I really appreciated his help comparing the weapons.
He was just generally mocking people and talking about how stupid they were for asking questions...a few of which he answered wrong as I was standing there looking at the 1911's. A guy asked him about how the LDA system in the Para's worked and he gave him a completely messed up answer. Then when the guy walked off he said "read the manual dumbass" under his breath.

He was just generally mocking people and talking about how stupid they were for asking questions...a few of which he answered wrong as I was standing there looking at the 1911's. A guy asked him about how the LDA system in the Para's worked and he gave him a completely messed up answer. Then when the guy walked off he said "read the manual dumbass" under his breath.

What a punk. He'll go nowhere, his mom probably got him the job or something, and is probably used to having things given to him, hence the sour attitude.
Regardless, that sums up the majority of experiences I've had at Keiths. I am always kind, understanding, patient, and approach with a professional attitude, but they almost always seem to test my patience.

Keiths is one of my favorites. They have several employees which I can not vouge for but I dealt with Keith and he's a stand up guy. I had gotten several quotes from local smiths to install my triji night sights on my HK USP at around $90 and he did it for $10. He even had to run across the the street to have my old adjustables taken off 'the right way' as the HK tool he had wouldn't accomadate. I was impressed. I bought a holster and ammo from him before I left

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top