JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always keep the old workhorse. Good for bulk resizing when you don't want to do it on a progressive.

Time to invest in exchangeable press base plates.

shut up.jpg

Last Edited:
I had been loading on an RCBS Rockchucker for about 7 years, but I just switched to a Dillon 550.

I am totally impressed with the 550. The volume of rounds it cranks out is amazing to me. However, I am just as impressed with the quality of each of the 4 stages. I really do not see any way in which a single-stage performs any single function in the process better.

My question is whether anyone can suggest a reason to keep the single-stage (other than that it might be useful to have a backup)?

Thanks
NOPE, can't think of a single reason. I will be in Portland so I can syop by and take it off your hands. Save you a trip to the dump.

It's never enough. Can always use one more...

Before I die, I want to have a reloading room where I have a press for every caliber. However since I load for 38 spl/ 357, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 45 long Colt, 30-30 Win, 7mm Mag, 270 Win, 30-06, 45-70,...etc,etc, the list seems endless..... I think my dream reloading room might be easily confused with a Boeing aircraft hanger. :rolleyes:

Before I die, I want to have a reloading room where I have a press for every caliber. However since I load for 38 spl/ 357, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 45 long Colt, 30-30 Win, 7mm Mag, 270 Win, 30-06, 45-70,...etc,etc, the list seems endless..... I think my dream reloading room might be easily confused with a Boeing aircraft hanger. :rolleyes:
Casting yet? Need a pot for every alloy and at least 5 molds for every caliber. Just sayin' ;).

Aye.... I however am only casting for the 45-70 so far. I need to get some more molds going... and probably lead eventually. You go through an amazing amount of lead when throwing 400 grain slugs ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top