JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was posted on the Washington State Firearms Coalition FB page. I found it encouraging. Keep on those Emails Guys!

Washington State Firearms Coalition

Washington State Firearms Coalition
Yesterday at 12:45 PM ·
From Olympia- Keep those emails coming-

"Now the really exciting news that made our day in Olympia. We had major complaints that legislators were being buried in e mails and hotlines. That means our message is getting through and getting noticed. Trust me as a 16 year member, enough of this pressure does move the dial. So keep up the great work. Double down and don't let up. Floor action comes soon and that's where the rubber meets the road. Again we will hold every member regardless of party to account."

They do keep track. I don't remember where, but some also weigh how they get responses as well. Bulk, preprinted postcards usually get the least amount of attention. Then it builds up from there. Basically, the more personalized you make the interaction (hand written or mailed get more attention than an email, for example), the more weight it is given.

Also, don't feel discouraged that you are not being heard. I use the analogy of sand to describe the effect; take a few grains of sand (each grain being a correspondence) and a politician won't flinch if you tossed it at them. But it's a lot harder for them to ignore a 50-lb bag of sand hurtling their way. So keep up the team work, and motivating each other.

Here's another example from Virginia (from Keep VA 2A). Pressure does work.

One thing we can say for sure is that the pressure the 2A Movement is putting on politicians IS WORKING.

Whenever they make "compromises" like this, it is because they don't have the votes to pass the bill as is.

Why don't they have the votes? Because vulnerable delegates and senators know that if they go on record voting for HB961, they'll go down next election.

If you look here, I provide lots of letter/email content supporting gun rights in general. Maybe you can use some of it

Also, this guy has good information:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads