JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got my tikka today. Hope to shoot tomorrow. Really look forward to working up loads for this rifle.

20181110_225601.jpg

I took the tikka for a range visit. Had 3 different factory loads on hand to try out. 150gn Federal power shock, 139gn hornady whitetail and 150gn federal fusion. Couldn't find any rem core lokt. The power shocks sucked like two inch groups. The whitetail was at an inch and the fusion where at .5 inches. But these where all the first shots in the barrel so I know it might need some more rounds through it to break the barrel in. But I'm not complaining with the fusion's. Now to do some reloading.
20181111_132433.jpg 20181111_123035.jpg

You generally don't need to break in factory rifle barrels. Match barrels do because when chambered they leave a sharp lead ramp where the rifling starts and this ramp needs to be polished out by the bullets.

I've read great things about hunters with the T3x youth and I'd imagine the ultralight.
I wish it was in production when I built up my elk rifle(in 35 Whalen) I would have got a 30-06 or 308 for the weight and proven accuracy.

Nice rifle,,,ya done good.

When you start reloading...

View attachment 533440

That's a Tikka.

P

You know, there's no Tikka's in the "MOA all day long" challenge over at the other place. You should change things up a bit and enter a few of your rifles in that event. I know Tikka's are damn accurate, but maybe not quite enough to compete in that thread. "Thats a Tikka"... As of right now, we have 14,356 views and 6 guys with moa and sub "moa all day long" rifles there. Like I said before, you are the Tikka man, you need to promote them better.

I took the tikka for a range visit. Had 3 different factory loads on hand to try out. 150gn Federal power shock, 139gn hornady whitetail and 150gn federal fusion. Couldn't find any rem core lokt. The power shocks sucked like two inch groups. The whitetail was at an inch and the fusion where at .5 inches. But these where all the first shots in the barrel so I know it might need some more rounds through it to break the barrel in. But I'm not complaining with the fusion's. Now to do some reloading.
View attachment 517204 View attachment 517205

Nice rifle. Looks like a good honest target. Like Pharm said, you'll do better once you start loading for it. Mine liked RL25 and 162gr ELDX bullets. Generally shot sub moa 3 shot groups with it..

You know, there's no Tikka's in the "MOA all day long" challenge over at the other place. You should change things up a bit and enter a few of your rifles in that event. I know Tikka's are damn accurate, but maybe not quite enough to compete in that thread. "Thats a Tikka"... As of right now, we have 14,356 views and 6 guys with moa and sub "moa all day long" rifles there. Like I said before, you are the Tikka man, you need to promote them better.

7mm-08, 150 ELDX

IMG_0496_zpscbxilegd.jpg

That's a Tikka, too.

I don't groove on accuracy contests. I just cherrypick my best 50 yard targets and misrepresent them to inflate my mediocre (at best) skills.

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads