JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just dropped the auto bolt release part into my 10/22. It's working great! :D I'm a little shy about taking apart working things, but this was super-simple. And I think it's addicting! :s0114:

Are there some other good "starter mods" for the 10/22? I'm thinking a sling would be a great addition!

i dont reccomend the extended mag release. but i will however reccomend a volquartzen exact edge extractor and a volquartzen target hammer. a good piece of advice is to keep the factory ruger bolt setup, all of the after market ones seem to get bad reviews and people have had accounts where the fly off and hit them in the face.

For starter mods a aftermarket bolt buffer is an easy one to do. A target hammer would be a good one too but don't just look at products from VQ, nothing wrong with them but there are other companies out there that are just as good. Unless you're having FTE's i wouldn't mess with extractor personally. If you haven't already check out rimfirecentral.com- lot's of good info on that site. Just my two cents~ happy modding be careful tho it's addicting

Don't be afraid to take the whole trigger assembly apart. It's quite simple and there are some good video's on YouTube to help you if needed. Even with my sausage fingers and goofy eyes I was able to put it all back together in just a few minutes.

There's a guy on e-bay that will do a full trigger job for $75. He took my trigger from factory 7lb to 2.7lb. All I had him do was the 'basics'. I didn't put in the adjustable trigger or anything else.

I also Chamfered (is that a word?) my bolt Chamfering the 10/22 Bolt - RimfireCentral.com Forums I'm amazed at how smooth the gun cycles.

I've only put 200 rounds through mine since I 'built' it but so far I haven't had any issues that would require adjustments. I think the Kidd firing pin would be the only other change I may make unless I start having FTE or some other problems.

Have fun and start saving for the next one.

Put a set screw in your trigger to remove over travel! Single best thing I did to my trigger to improve it, cost me $.30 and an hour of time. Polish all your trigger components while your at it. rimfirecentral.com has some great how tos.

Here's a link for the complete dissassembly of a 10-22. I used this to do a complete rebuild of mine. It's really not that hard to do once you look at this instructional. I bought a power custom hammer/sear kit from midway for 60.00. It came with the hammer, sear and all the extra power springs. You only need one or two pins from the factory setup. It made my factory trigger pull much much better. I do recommend an after market mag release if you have an older 10-22 but if you have a newer plastic trigger group gun, the factory one is fine.

Guerrilla Gunsmith --- 10/22 Detailed Disassembly

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies! This gives me a lot to work on :)

I hadn't even heard of replacement bolt buffers. My rifle is will likely remain unscoped -- is it still worth getting? If so, what kind do you recommend?

(The first time I took the stock off, this piece fell right out, and I was like, "uhm...where did that come from??")

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top