JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, the opener is shameful at best...
So you find the label "libtard" offensive. Okay, fair enough.

But it's just another form of name calling, which is what the article is about.

Maybe if those on the left side of illegal immigration would stop being purposely obtuse about the laws being violated they could/would avoid the label. So you are allowed to be offended by "libtard," but conservatives aren't allowed to be offended by being called "racist."
Typical of the left's double standards.
The term "re-tard-ed," while falling from favor, reflects one whose mental capabilities are impaired. Which is not the same as willful ignorance, but leads to the same lack of understanding and prevention of honesty and objectivity when problems like ILLEGAL immigration are addressed.
Willful ignorance is something the left is undoubtedly engaged in with regard to the issue of illegal immigration. They refuse to even refer to it in those terms.

So they use name calling, specifically "racist" to silence the opposition.
From the article:
Truthfully; those who cry racist are not trying to drive anyone crazy but they are trying to silence those with whom they disagree. It is a sort of final word, a character assassination that cuts off any further debate and argument. Labeling whole groups of people racist is a socially collective cheap shot, it is cowardly.

Did you even read the article? Or are you also participating in willful ignorance?
Read the article, apply some critical thinking, and you may see the correlation.
When you open the door to "name calling" be prepared to receive an "in-kind" response.

Regardless of the articles content or theme...I find the term "libtard" does nothing to further our second amendment cause. Yes, I know...non-sequitur, however; considering that this thread and it's responses are on a pro-firearm website...maybe it's appropriate.

The opener...shameful? Not sure about that. Offensive, obnoxious, maybe even...amiss or perhaps reprehensible?

Look, we all come from different points of view. I for one am a free thinker. I belong to no ones sand box...I carry a .45 and love my country. To see terms tossed about from, red to blue, to conservative to liberal, again, does nothing to bring us together. Maybe if we sat down and smoked a good cigar together, we may end up calling eachother redneck! or hippie!...but it would be in fellowship.

Two things that bothered me from reading this article: 1) It's written for a biased periodical "All Right Magazine" and 2) the author lost credibility when making reference to a biblical passage.

Will

So if someone believes in god, does that mean anything he has to say is void? LOL. That is interesting to me.

I guess the Constitution and Bill of Rights are null and void then, since 98% of the Founders were bible believing Christians. The libtards do hate the Founders, so it all makes sense

The term "racism" was invented by a jewish man who created communism, Karl Marx. The purpose of the slur was indeed to silence opposition to tyranny. The plan is to silence us so that we can eventually be quietly eliminated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx

Maybe if those on the left side of illegal immigration would stop being purposely obtuse about the laws being violated they could/would avoid the label. So you are allowed to be offended by "libtard," but conservatives aren't allowed to be offended by being called "racist."
The term "re-tard-ed," while falling from favor, reflects one whose mental capabilities are impaired. Which is not the same as willful ignorance, but leads to the same lack of understanding and prevention of honesty and objectivity when problems like ILLEGAL immigration are addressed.
Willful ignorance is something the left is undoubtedly engaged in with regard to the issue of illegal immigration. They refuse to even refer to it in those terms.

From the article:

Did you even read the article? Or are you also participating in willful ignorance?
Read the article, apply some critical thinking, and you may see the correlation.
When you open the door to "name calling" be prepared to receive an "in-kind" response.

You are definitely read a ton of stuff in my post that wasn't there, and making arguments against things I never said, and against views that I don't hold. First off, I am NOT a liberal, I just find the the idea of labeling as "---tards" giant segments of the population that only differ in their political views offensive, counterproductive, and even destructive. I guess I could also throw that it's ironic, as the article condemns the left's use of "name calling" and then folks proceed to call anyone disagreeing with them --tarded. How can one rage against name-calling, and at the same time engage in egregious name-calling behavior?

I did read the article, although actually it's not an article, it's commentary, basically just someone's reflections on a given subject. I think it's a perfectly valid opinion though, and agree that for the most part, people that want the laws followed on illegal immigration are NOT racists and shouldn't accept being labeled as such. Just like we all reject the notion that anyone who is a gun owner or enthusiast is somehow dangerous, or a bad person, despite the efforts of some people to paint us that way. But if we fling baseless insults right back at them, then we can't ever win.

I guess the Constitution and Bill of Rights are null and void then, since 98% of the Founders were bible believing Christians. The libtards do hate the Founders, so it all makes sense

The term "racism" was invented by a jewish man who created communism, Karl Marx. The purpose of the slur was indeed to silence opposition to tyranny. The plan is to silence us so that we can eventually be quietly eliminated

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx

Please explain your statement? since 98% of the Founders were bible believing Christians. Only 98%, who of the founding fathers did not believe in God as the Bible teaches? From all that I have read every member who signed the Declaration of Independence was a Christian, though some were of different "sects".

Please explain your statement? since 98% of the Founders were bible believing Christians. Only 98%, who of the founding fathers did not believe in God as the Bible teaches? From all that I have read every member who signed the Declaration of Independence was a Christian, though some were of different "sects".

A few were deists, that is to say they believed in a Creator but were not bible believers

Man, I sure am glad that I am not a liberal! I'd be alarmed at all of the harsh aspersions cast against them around here. Ignorant assumptions tarring an entire vast group of people as if they all believed the same things would give me cause for concern! I'd have to worry about being forced to sew a "L" patch onto all of my sleeves, and being rounded up and sent to labor camp, even though I did not belive all the things I was assumed to believe. Those poor, ignorant, retarded liberals: in a witch hunt denial is PROOF of guilt!...........................elsullo :p

Man, I sure am glad that I am not a liberal! I'd be alarmed at all of the harsh aspersions cast against them around here. Ignorant assumptions tarring an entire vast group of people as if they all believed the same things would give me cause for concern! I'd have to worry about being forced to sew a "L" patch onto all of my sleeves, and being rounded up and sent to labor camp, even though I did not belive all the things I was assumed to believe. Those poor, ignorant, retarded liberals: in a witch hunt denial is PROOF of guilt!...........................elsullo :p

elsullo, it seems you have a choice here, be called a liberal or a racist.

From the article:

Yes, of course there are no racists in the right as proclaimed by 'allrightmagazine', yes sir another great blow for objectivity has been struck here today!

If I had the job to write such a bit of rag, and they would have to pay me enough for that target rifle in 223 I've been drooling over with the blow on it and it shoots trigger (note to the right bugeye is willing to sell out for the right price, lol), I would talk about the combination of porous border and the influence of the business community seeking cheap labor, allowed pretty much one ethnic group to sneak in, if we conclude that sneaking into the US is an advantage, then our policy was one of reverse racism! For example, very few asians snuck over that border. I suppose the long winded bit of fluff in the cite was purchased for far less than the cost of a used J.C Higgins 22.

The rights claim that they are not movtivated by racism is pretty funny, we are all motivated by racism to some extent, and in the case of this particular, it's long passed time you confronted the state of the hearts and minds of many of the supporters. These people are out for a pound of Mexican flesh first. When we dig deeper and see what other potential motivations righties have for political decisions I find something far more harmful than simple racsism, and that is nothing real at all.

The bible is history and prophecy. It is meant to be used to teach, admonish and instruct

It is meant to be used to teach, admonish and instruct A truer statement has never been uttered. The Bible is a guide on how to live our lives with the reward of heaven. All men are called, few will answer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top