JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Came across this quote recently and thought it would be good for all to think about as the federal government decides how to spend a few billion dollars soon.

The late Dr. Adrian Rogers (1931 to 2005) Memphis, TN, offered the following observation several years ago and it bears great significance today:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the rich out of freedom.

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend is about the end of any nation."

"You cannot multiply the wealth by dividing it."

Came across this quote recently and thought it would be good for all to think about as the federal government decides how to spend a few billion dollars soon.

The late Dr. Adrian Rogers (1931 to 2005) Memphis, TN, offered the following observation several years ago and it bears great significance today:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the rich out of freedom.

What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

The government cannot give to anybody anything the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend is about the end of any nation."

"You cannot multiply the wealth by dividing it."

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.”
Thomas Jefferson

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (money-benefits) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.These nations have progressed through the following sequence:"
the "Fatal Sequence"
* From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
* From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
* From Courage to Liberty
* From Liberty to Abundance
* From Abundance to Selfishness
* From Selfishness to Complacency
* From Complacency to Apathy
* From Apathy to Dependency
* From Dependency back into Bondage
Alexander Fraser Tytler Lord Woodhouselee (1748-1813), &/ or Alexis de Tocqueville, &/ or R. G. LeTourneau???

“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.”
Thomas Jefferson

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse (money-benefits) from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years.These nations have progressed through the following sequence:"
the "Fatal Sequence"
* From Bondage to Spiritual Faith
* From Spiritual Faith to Great Courage
* From Courage to Liberty
* From Liberty to Abundance
* From Abundance to Selfishness
* From Selfishness to Complacency
* From Complacency to Apathy
* From Apathy to Dependency
* From Dependency back into Bondage
Alexander Fraser Tytler Lord Woodhouselee (1748-1813), &/ or Alexis de Tocqueville, &/ or R. G. LeTourneau???

Yea! Dependency! :( That's spelled B-A-I-L-O-U-T, right?

Lessee: "The people aren't spending enough, so the economy is tanking. If the people aren't spending enough, let's take away more of their money. Then they will spend more, because they won't have as much to spend."

Have I got their logic figured out right?

Pops

Lessee: "The people aren't spending enough, so the economy is tanking. If the people aren't spending enough, let's take away more of their money. Then they will spend more, because they won't have as much to spend."

Have I got their logic figured out right?

Pops

Wait, aren't we going to get $13 more a paycheck this year :woot: ? Yea! I can go out and get that boat I've always wanted!

:s0142:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads