JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So today I check the mail, it had been neglected for the last few weeks. Really only ever get junk mail,neighbors mail and just random things in it. Important stuff goes somewhere else. Any ways turns out I got a jury summons. It was dated for July 2nd and said I had 7 days after recipet to respond. So needless to say it's been longer than 7 days. I plan to call in the morning and talk to someone about it. Just curious if any of you guys had any similar incidents. Just don't want to end up with a warrant over something minor. Thanks guys.

I'm sure you are not the only one to have overlooked getting their mail and found a jury duty summons ...late.
If Jury duty there , is like here , you have a number to call ...I'd call...check in and explain what happened .
I have been on Jury Duty twice....it was a interesting experience to say the least.
Andy

This would be my first time. I Got summoned once down in California but was up here working so I didn't have to go. Not to fond of the no carrying policy, can't even have a leathermen.

you should be fine. but im not a lawyer.

i know too many law enforcement officers so ive never been selected as a juror.

one time, they asked what my hobbies are. for some reason they dont particularly like "Hunting, shooting, fixing cars, archery, building guns and ammo for personal recreation." because me and the two other guys wearing gun shirts (one a glock shirt, the other a ruger shirt and me a shirt with 2A printed on it) were the first three to be dismissed. hmmmm.

i am not TRYING to get out of jury duty as my work pays me a full days wage to be there. i just answer the questions honestly.

this last time(few months ago) was the closest ive made it to being selected is into a court room but, the arresting officer was a guy i have known since we both were in diapers.

i got dismissed.

The last time I got summoned, I was pulled into the courtroom with the judge, the opposing lawyers, and some support staff. It was a domestic violence case involving a gun. Right off the bat, one of the lawyers asks if anyone is a member of the NRA. I of course raise my hand and identify myself as a life member. As I look around, I am the only one with my hand up...I get some concerned looks from the attorney and the judge asks if my being a NRA member will affect my impartiality. I shrug my shoulders and say "No, I can think for myself thank you very much." A few more questions are asked and then they paraded in the accused along with arresting officer.... Who happened to be one of my best friends from high school. A guy I have hunted with, camped with, double dated with his spouse and mine, etc. Then the judge asks if anyone knows any of the parties involved in the case. Again I raise my hand, and the judge asks "who do you know?" I reply that the arresting officer is a good friend from high school. The judge again asks if that will affect my impartiality and I reply "No, but if he arrested him, he's probably guilty".... For reasons I don't understand, they told me my services were no longer required.... My buddy in uniform had a big smile on his face though as I left :D

The last time I got summoned, I was pulled into the courtroom with the judge, the opposing lawyers, and some support staff. It was a domestic violence case involving a gun. Right off the bat, one of the lawyers asks if anyone is a member of the NRA. I of course raise my hand and identify myself as a life member. As I look around, I am the only one with my hand up...I get some concerned looks from the attorney and the judge asks if my being a NRA member will affect my impartiality. I shrug my shoulders and say "No, I can think for myself thank you very much." A few more questions are asked and then they paraded in the accused along with arresting officer.... Who happened to be one of my best friends from high school. A guy I have hunted with, camped with, double dated with his spouse and mine, etc. Then the judge asks if anyone knows any of the parties involved in the case. Again I raise my hand, and the judge asks "who do you know?" I reply that the arresting officer is a good friend from high school. The judge again asks if that will affect my impartiality and I reply "No, but if he arrested him, he's probably guilty".... For reasons I don't understand, they told me my services were no longer requires.... My buddy in uniform had a big smile on his face though as I left :D
lol. yep. pretty much.

you should be fine. but im not a lawyer.

i know too many law enforcement officers so ive never been selected as a juror.

one time, they asked what my hobbies are. for some reason they dont particularly like "Hunting, shooting, fixing cars, archery, building guns and ammo for personal recreation." because me and the two other guys wearing gun shirts (one a glock shirt, the other a ruger shirt and me a shirt with 2A printed on it) were the first three to be dismissed. hmmmm.

i am not TRYING to get out of jury duty as my work pays me a full days wage to be there. i just answer the questions honestly.

this last time(few months ago) was the closest ive made it to being selected is into a court room but, the arresting officer was a guy i have known since we both were in diapers.

i got dismissed.

So.... are you saying you were wearing a diaper in court? o_O

:D

Been summoned for jury duty three times. First time I had to call in and they said that I wasn't needed but it counted as if I served. Second time went to the court room and the DA was unexpectedly in the hospital. We were all released and counted as serving. Third time there was a solid assault case and I had to stay all day. They rest of the jury panel were a bunch of milquetoasts and were going to let the dirtbag go. I wasn't the head juror but I managed to turn them around and got a unanimous conviction for the dirtbag.
Jury duty is important. Not only is it your civic duty but your life experience and point of view on right and wrong can have a huge impact. It is one small way to give back to your community as well. Serve proudly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top